Touch screen, how to ??

GTT TFT Support

Moderator: Mods

kdejong
LCD?

Touch screen, how to ??

Post by kdejong »

Hello,

I'm up and running with the GTT. I have a custom splash screen, some colored graphics and text on the screen.

But now I need some hints to get started with the touch screen.

Regards,

Klaus de Jong

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hello Klaus,

Unfortunately, we don't have an AppNote available specifically for the GTT touch screen at this time. Getting started is pretty basic though, you'll need to define touch regions, to define a region you'll need at least two images saved to the memory card.

So, first, upload at least two images to your GTT, they should be the same pixel size, check the manual for valid formats but most common type should be accepted. Take note of your image names and sizes. Uploading is as easy as placing the storage jumper on 'A' and connecting to the USB Mass Storage header, or removing the SD card and inserting it into your PC.

Next, load the images from the SD card into the display buffer for use. You can check out the command in your manual if you are coding yourself, or use the command provided if you are evaluating using GTT Support Tools.

Finally, set up a touch region. It should be the same size as your images, and the up and down values should be the locations of your images in the buffer. The index will identify the region when it is pressed. The other parameters are pretty open, just make sure your region is on the screen.

Once a region is set up, you will receive a string from the display beginning with the return message identifier (252), the command that is responding (29), a response length (word length), the type of touch event, and finally the index or region number. You'll also notice the region will automatically display the down image while depressed and the up image when released.

If you have any trouble, please be sure to let us know.

Thanks,
~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

kdejong
LCD?

Post by kdejong »

Hello Troy,

I tried your method but was not successfull.

Now I need to update the firmware of my PIC microcontroller and I have lots of other work to do.

So, for now I will wait for your appnote on the touch screen fascility of the GTT.

Best regards,

Klaus de Jong