Typo(s) in manual?

GTT TFT Support

Moderator: Mods

zyprexa
LCD?

Typo(s) in manual?

Post by zyprexa »

I noticed that Manual Update (4.19) and Scroll (4.20) has the same command number, 254 89.. in the manual. I guess that one or both of them are incorrect, also 89 seems to crash the display.

What are the correct values for these two commands? :geek:

[EDIT] Manual Update should be 91 i think, but what about Scroll?

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Zyprexa,

I appreciate you bringing those commands to our attention, I can confirm that manual update will be 91, and we will be looking into the crash reported by 89. I expect the manual will undergo a revision next week to clean up a few small details such as these.

Thanks,
~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

As troy mentioned manual update is indeed 91 i couldn't reproduce the crash you had with the scroll command though.

the test command i used was

X=0
Y=0
W=480
H=272
MoveX=16
MoveY=16

translating to the command being send :

254 89 0 0 0 0 1 224 1 16 0 16 0 16

what where the parameters that made it crash for you?

zyprexa
LCD?

missing error message?

Post by zyprexa »

Scroll seems to work fine now, and i'm not really sure what made it crash but most likely my code :)

But, and maybe it's my code again but i've run into the error/return message

252 95 00 01 255

when using the Load Bitmap to Buffer 95 (5.1) and Display Bitmap 97 (6.1)

But i can't find this error message in the manual, which is frustrating because i can't figure out why images won't display.

The image i'm trying to display is 480 x 272 pixels. And i've tried gif, bmp and also jpg format.

Here is a debug log from GTTProject.
Write:

Code: Select all

#clear buffer 0
# load file 'images/bghomer.bmp' into index 0
# display index 0 bitmap at 0,0
Read:

Code: Select all

#what does the following mean?
# Buffer does not contain a valid bitmap
When i run this the display remains blank :cry:

[EDIT] Appears it was either because the image was no 16bit or because i forwardslashed in the path. Anywho, it's working now <:)

Still would be nice to know what exactly the error message means.

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

252 xx 00 01 255

is pretty much an unhandled exception during execution of command xx ideally this would never happen but if you feed it data that sneaks past our input validation you can still sometimes get bitten by it.

Both situations you mention as possible cause should be checked and return proper error codes. If you could find what you did to trigger it i'd be very interested in that.

zyprexa
LCD?

Post by zyprexa »

Regarding the crash of 89,i can't be sure what caused it, but most likely it was my fault. :oops: What happend was some text appeared on the screen. I could not catch what it said, But it looked like some debug output of some sort.

I will take note of what i'm doing in case it happens more times.

I get the 252 95 0 1 255 error message when i write the bitmap path with /'s instead of \'s.

Ashok
LCD Geek

Need help in drawing bitmap

Post by Ashok »

Hello,

I am working on drawing bitmap using GTT project but getting error while displaying bitmap it is displaying the file path rather the exact bitmap on TFT.

My exact command sequence is:

1. Clear All Buffer
2. Load Bitmap
3. Draw Bitmap

The images I am using is either bmp/jpg or gif files.
Ashok Gupta

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hello Ashok,

I'm sorry to hear you are having some trouble displaying a bitmap on your GTT, if you could, please save your GTT project and post the lines of code used so we can have a quick look and try it out here if need be.

Thanks,
~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

An update for those who may be experiencing a similar problem; please note any images loaded into the GTT buffer must be located on the GTTs SD card.

~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

Ashok
LCD Geek

Post by Ashok »

Clark wrote:An update for those who may be experiencing a similar problem; please note any images loaded into the GTT buffer must be located on the GTTs SD card.

~Troy
Thanks Clark

Could you please also tell me how do I access SD card through my program.
Ashok Gupta

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

the path used will access the SD card be default. So if your bitmaps are stored in "menu" on the SD Card, you would just access "menu/button1.bmp" for example.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Ashok
LCD Geek

Post by Ashok »

Henry wrote:the path used will access the SD card be default. So if your bitmaps are stored in "menu" on the SD Card, you would just access "menu/button1.bmp" for example.
I am unable to see SD card on my PC to upload the image on SD card I tried with plug in usb with mass storage device but it is not displaying anything on TFT also not showing any external drive on PC.

Please Tell me the exact procedure to access SD card on My PC (Manually or by Program)
Ashok Gupta

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

No worries Ashok,

The Mass Storage section in the manual will direct you as to what jumper settings and headers are required for either communication, or in your case storage. With the USB model, I like to use one cable only (you can use both at the same time). Making sure the jumper and cable are on the same side of the board allows me to keep track of the mode I'm in.

~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

Ashok
LCD Geek

Post by Ashok »

Clark wrote:No worries Ashok,

The Mass Storage section in the manual will direct you as to what jumper settings and headers are required for either communication, or in your case storage. With the USB model, I like to use one cable only (you can use both at the same time). Making sure the jumper and cable are on the same side of the board allows me to keep track of the mode I'm in.

~Troy

I have tried the same procedure but when I placed the jumper on USB mass storage device the power is up on tft but neither it shows up the USB cable sign on TFT nor the external drive on PC.
Ashok Gupta

Ashok
LCD Geek

Post by Ashok »

Ashok wrote:
Clark wrote:No worries Ashok,

~Troy

I have tried the same procedure but when I placed the jumper on USB mass storage device the power is up on tft but neither it shows up the USB cable sign on TFT nor the external drive on PC.

I have put the bitmap images on SD card using mass storage mode but still unable to display image on TFT.

I am having 7.gif on SD card root also have tried with various jpg and bmp files aw well.

Beow is the code of GTT project I am using:

ClearAllBuffers 1

LoadBitmapToBuffer 3
254 95
7.gif
DisplayBitmap 4
254 97

Also I don't have autoexec in SD card root folder does it effect anything?
Ashok Gupta