Typo(s) in manual?

GTT TFT Support

Moderator: Mods

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Ashok,

Good to see you have transferred some bitmap files in mass storage mode, though I'm sorry to read that they are not displaying. For now, please remove the clear buffer command; you're just starting out so there shouldn't be much to clear and I'm going to ask the software designer to take a look at that command in GTT tools to ensure it matches our protocol documentation.

Thanks,
~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

Ashok
LCD Geek

Post by Ashok »

Clark wrote:Hi Ashok,

Good to see you have transferred some bitmap files in mass storage mode, though I'm sorry to read that they are not displaying. For now, please remove the clear buffer command; you're just starting out so there shouldn't be much to clear and I'm going to ask the software designer to take a look at that command in GTT tools to ensure it matches our protocol documentation.

Thanks,
~Troy
I have tried without Clear Buffer command and with the command 254 209 but both things are not working it is still showing the file path in text format on the TFT.

please provide me exact software code of displaying image on TFT, by assuming I am having a file 7.GIF on root of SD card

Thanks
Ashok
Ashok Gupta

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

There's no reason it shouldn't work, can you post your gif file?

Ashok
LCD Geek

Post by Ashok »

Ray wrote:There's no reason it shouldn't work, can you post your gif file?
The exact Command sequence is

#clear buffer 0
254;
209;
0;

# load file 7.GIF (File is located at root of SD card)into index 0

# display index 0 bitmap at 0,0

Also I have tried without clear Buffer that is:

And with clear All Buffer that is:
#clear All buffer
254;
208;

Below is the GTT project script:

1. With clear Buffer

ClearBuffer 2
254 209
LoadBitmapToBuffer 3
254 95
7.GIF
DisplayBitmap 4
254 97

2. without clear buffer

LoadBitmapToBuffer 3
254 95
7.GIF
DisplayBitmap 4
254 97

3. with clear All Buffer

ClearAllBuffers 1

LoadBitmapToBuffer 3
254 95
7.GIF
DisplayBitmap 4
254 97

I ahve tried all methods through my program and GTT project as well but nothing is working
Attachments
file that I am using for testing I ahve tried many other files having jpg bmp gif format.
file that I am using for testing I ahve tried many other files having jpg bmp gif format.
7.GIF (965 Bytes) Viewed 11888 times
Ashok Gupta

Ashok
LCD Geek

Post by Ashok »

Ray wrote:There's no reason it shouldn't work, can you post your gif file?
Attachments
7.GIF
7.GIF
7.GIF (965 Bytes) Viewed 11887 times
Ashok Gupta

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Ashok,

I appreciate the code, and more importantly the image. Unfortunately, I was able to display your image, saving it exactly as 7.gif and running the following GTT script. The code is attached below in txt format as well.

LoadBitmapToBuffer 3
254 95
7.gif
DisplayBitmap 4
254 97

Please double check the naming conventions on the SD card and in your script to ensure they match.

Perhaps you might try sending a simple "Hello World" string to get started. This will help you select the right port and ensure communication is successful before continuing to slightly more advanced commands.

Thanks,
~Troy
Attachments
Ashok.txt
GTT script to display Ashok's 7.gif.
(74 Bytes) Downloaded 357 times
Last edited by Clark on Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Ashok,

A quick note, I saved my code file as a .txt so I could upload it here, be sure to save it as a .gsf before trying to load it into GTT Tools.

~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

Ashok
LCD Geek

Post by Ashok »

A quick note, I saved my code file as a .txt so I could upload it here, be sure to save it as a .gsf before trying to load it into GTT Tools.

~Troy
Thanks Clark , I have tried with your code but still this is not working and not displaying anything on TFT.

Does It required any special driver installation or something like..

I have tried with printing hello world and other commands like drawing circle rectangle fill with specific color and all are working fine except this.

Can you please provide me your skype or any other messenger ID so that we can solve the issue quickly there. I am having very hard deadlines to meet and stucking with TFT issue only.

Thanks
Ashok
Ashok Gupta

Ashok
LCD Geek

Post by Ashok »

Ashok wrote:

~Troy
Thanks Clark , I have tried with your code but still this is not working and not displaying anything on TFT.

I have tried with printing hello world and other commands like drawing circle rectangle fill with specific color and all are working fine except this.

Can you please provide me your skype or any other messenger ID so that we can solve the issue quickly there. I am having very hard deadlines to meet and stucking with TFT issue only.

Thanks
Ashok

One more thing I have tried is using CopyScreenRectangletobuffer to save the rectangle into buffer then displaying it but this command also showing the character value of width height paramater on TFT rather then the rectangle

Scrip Code is :

CopyScreenRectangleToBuffer 6
254 96
DisplayBitmap 4
254 97

TFT Display is:
2dd only. (100 is a ASCII value of d given in width height parameter).

One more thing is TFT shows the character value (7.gif in case of image and 2dd in case of Copyrectangle command) only when I use clearallbuffer or clearbuffer command before loadbitmap and drawbitmap.

If I don't use clearAllbuffer/clear buffer command then TFT does not show anything.

Thanks
Ashok Gupta

Ashok
LCD Geek

Post by Ashok »

Ashok wrote:
Ashok wrote:

~Troy

Thanks
Ashok

One more thing I have tried is using CopyScreenRectangletobuffer to save the rectangle into buffer then displaying it but this command also showing the character value of width height paramater on TFT rather then the rectangle

Scrip Code is :

254 96
DisplayBitmap 4
254 97

TFT Display is:

One more thing is TFT shows the character value (7.gif in case of image and 2dd in case of Copyrectangle command) only when I use clearallbuffer or clearbuffer command before loadbitmap and drawbitmap.

If I don't use clearAllbuffer/clear buffer command then TFT does not show anything.

Thanks
Also on SD card I see the files Playlists SYSTEM Upgrade autorun changelog only should any other files be present there?? I have pasted my 7.gif there only or should I use any specific location to upload the image??
Ashok Gupta

Ashok
LCD Geek

Post by Ashok »

Ashok wrote:
Ashok wrote:
Ashok wrote:

Thanks
Ashok

Scrip Code is :

254 96
DisplayBitmap 4
254 97

TFT Display is:

Thanks
Also on SD card I see the files Playlists SYSTEM Upgrade autorun changelog only should any other files be present there?? I have pasted my 7.gif there only or should I use any specific location to upload the image??
Attachments
GTT memory pic
GTT memory pic
sdcardpic.jpg (77.39 KiB) Viewed 11866 times
Ashok Gupta

Ashok
LCD Geek

Post by Ashok »

Ashok wrote:
Ashok wrote:
Ashok wrote:

Thanks
Ashok

Scrip Code is :

254 96
DisplayBitmap 4
254 97

TFT Display is:

Thanks
Attachments
GTT memory pic
GTT memory pic
sdcardpic.jpg (77.39 KiB) Viewed 11866 times
Ashok Gupta

Ashok
LCD Geek

Post by Ashok »

Ashok wrote:
Ashok wrote:
Ashok wrote:

Scrip Code is :

254 96
DisplayBitmap 4
254 97

TFT Display is:

Thanks
Clark somehow pic is still showing in outbox there so I posted it here please see the pic and tell me what can be done
Ashok Gupta

Ashok
LCD Geek

Set Up Touch Region issue

Post by Ashok »

Hello!!

I have started with the touch screen programming in that I have to create some buttons in some specified regions. There is a command set up touch region that takes 6 parameters x y width height up down (There is a confusion in GTT docs set up touch region given by 7 parameters with the extra Filed Index and in GTT tool taking 6).

So should I use set up touch region with index field or without index field??

Next what should we give in UP(when region released) and Down (when region touched) fields , the index number of the buffer or what??

I have tried by specifying two buffers for UP and Down and by giving there index number but its not working.

Please specify what should be the values of the each parameters in set up touch region function.

Thanks
Ashok
Ashok Gupta

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Ashok,

The manual is correct, when it doubt it will be safer to follow the documentation. For now, please use the raw data function to setup your touch regions and include the index. This is fixed in the latest version of GTT Tools which will be uploaded as soon as it has been tested sufficiently.

As indicated in the manual "Up" and "Down are buffer values, this is a reference to images saved in the GTT buffer. There is actually some pretty good detail in the description that mentions how the touch region functions like a button. Be sure you have images loaded into two different buffer locations before running this command.

Thanks,
~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital