GTT480272A in PC?

GTT TFT Support

Moderator: Mods

sl33py
LCD?

GTT480272A in PC?

Post by sl33py »

Hello all! I know that there are some other Matrix Orbital LCDs that can do this, but i really like the look of the new touchscreen.

What i'd *like* to do if possible:

1. monitor 2-6 temp probes (water cooling loop mainly)
2. Set alarms and possibly shutdown if limit exceeded. or pump quits.
3. Fan RPM might be cool, but not critical. monitor flow rate and pump ideal.
4. System info (like other MO LCDs - cpu info, mobo temps etc.)

I know this touchscreen LCD is intended more for the Industrial and embeded apps crowd... but it's so nice i really want it in my pc!

How difficult would this be? Or even possible?

Thx!

rob

Paradigm
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Paradigm »

Hi Rob,

The GTT has no I/O capabilities at this point. This precludes it from monitoring or controlling anything. A two PC bay insert is being planned however, for mounting in PC applications.
James McTavish, P.Eng
Director of Engineering
Matrix Orbital

sl33py
LCD?

Post by sl33py »

Paradigm wrote:Hi Rob,

The GTT has no I/O capabilities at this point. This precludes it from monitoring or controlling anything. A two PC bay insert is being planned however, for mounting in PC applications.
Thanks James. That makes sense.

I'd be really interested in more info if you can share. What timeframe are you expecting for this? Touchscreen or just double height screen (like the GX)? That might work fine too - touchscreen and customizable would be great, but more "real estate" for monitoring is what i'm mostly after. without 2 separate screens, and some ability to monitor temp probes like your older ones did.

I am trying to get a new case, with specific spot for a double 5.25" screen or equivalent. Not in the regular 5.25" bays.

I really appreciate the quick response and info on the upcoming PC equivalent.

rob

Paradigm
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Paradigm »

We're knee deep in prototyping the 3d models at the moment, so no firm time line as we will have a couple of prototype rounds. All I can say is that we'll release it when it's done. It will have direct access to the touch screen front of the GTT.

Just to clarify, this bay insert will only allow you to easily mount the GTT in a PC case within 2x 5.25" bays. It will not add any new capabilities. It's just going to be a hunk of metal with a pretty face.
James McTavish, P.Eng
Director of Engineering
Matrix Orbital

sl33py
LCD?

Post by sl33py »

Paradigm wrote:We're knee deep in prototyping the 3d models at the moment, so no firm time line as we will have a couple of prototype rounds. All I can say is that we'll release it when it's done. It will have direct access to the touch screen front of the GTT.

Just to clarify, this bay insert will only allow you to easily mount the GTT in a PC case within 2x 5.25" bays. It will not add any new capabilities. It's just going to be a hunk of metal with a pretty face.
My mistake - thanks for clarifying.

So the GTT is out. Got it. A PC insert to hold the GTT doesn't fit the bill. I interpreted it incorrectly that there was a 2 bay PC insert (ie - screen) in the works that can monitor. Vs - a "holder" for the GTT in a PC. Not knocking the holder or GTT, but a dead end for my purposes.

Any double GX (or similar) plans? 2 x 5.25" screens for us PC enthusiasts?

Thx!!

rob

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

sl33py wrote:
So the GTT is out. Got it. A PC insert to hold the GTT doesn't fit the bill. I interpreted it incorrectly that there was a 2 bay PC insert (ie - screen) in the works that can monitor. Vs - a "holder" for the GTT in a PC. Not knocking the holder or GTT, but a dead end for my purposes.
Currently the GTT is aimed at OEM/Industrial customers. Yes it can be used in the consumer/enthusiast market no problem, the thing we do not have is software to make is a good PC product. We will do software like LCD Studio for the GTT in the future, but no plans for that right now, as we need to spend some time on the GX first and update software.
Any double GX (or similar) plans? 2 x 5.25" screens for us PC enthusiasts?
Yes and No. Yes: we have thought about it, even designed one. It will fit the same insert as the GTT actually. No: No plans to actually release this product anytime soon
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital