tricolor

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

relworP
LCD?

tricolor

Post by relworP »

Hello, I am really interested in this concept for my LAN gaming rig.

I am wondering if you can make this into a multicolor lcd display so that it isnt all blue or all green, but the proper colors showing the visuals you have already implemented.
You mentioned you can do custom work?

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Re: tricolor

Post by Clark »

Hello relworP,

While the TCI version of the GX does have a tricolour backlight, I understand that it would be nice to change the colour of individual pixels. That's where something like our full-colour TFT GTT display is quite nice.

Please take a look at the current GTT, and if it's not quite right for your application send me an email with a little more info on the features and size you'll require then we can take a look at a custom unit.

Thanks,
Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

relworP
LCD?

Post by relworP »

Hey I am not quite looking for that.

It would be nice to have the Typhoon but with color screen like you mentioned. Is the GTT have visuals? Can you post a video of that, I only find videos of a calculator? I am only looking for a visual screen with an equalizer when music is present since I go to lans and would like to hook up LEDs that flash to music. Date/Time/Weather are a plus... but mostly I would like a multicolor screen instead of one color.

relworP
LCD?

Post by relworP »

i dont mind giving a down payment if u need to create a custom one? but if the gtt has visuals then that would be perfect.

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi relworP,

The GTT will allow you to easily create complex visual environments and menu systems, as you can see here...but unfortunately, it does not run the same protocol as the GX and is not supported in LCDStudio.

As you've described it, this is definitely an exciting project, but we would need to locate a full colour screen that will fit a -1U enclosure and work with LCDStudio to add software support. I've submitted your project proposal to our President, and I'll let you know what we can do in the coming days.

Thanks,
Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

relworP
LCD?

Post by relworP »

Not to add to much to the excitement ;) but maybe you could integrate sd card and usb ports? These are some of the things I have been looking at to fill up slots on my computer - but as expansion, I would like the screen to be as big as possible with nothing on it except a tiny button to change visual styles.

Fan controller may be an awesome idea to add as an expansion of the single bay visual screen.

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi relworP,

We appreciate all of your ideas, they really do help us understand exactly what our customers expect from Matrix Orbital and our products. An integrated fan controller is a concept we have been working on since we lost the MX line, and a 1U form factor TFT display makes perfect sense for visual feedback. The USB/SD expansion slots are not something we took into consideration initially but may add into a future design.

I have sent you information regarding your custom request and while the GX is likely a more viable option for one unit, this is definitely information that will shape our design focus for future products.

Thanks again,
Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital