Would love to use my GX Typhoon in Windows 7

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

frosty
LCD?

Would love to use my GX Typhoon in Windows 7

Post by frosty »

I would absolutely love to use my GX Typhoon on Windows 7 x64. Is there any chance of getting drivers for it?

I followed the workaround, installed the 2008 (really? 2 years old?) drivercore, then installed the beta driver over top of that via device manager. When LCDstudio is started and I pick GX drivercore it just freezes up.

Just curious if its ever going to reliably work with windows 7.

frosty
LCD?

Post by frosty »

bump

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hey Frosty,

It's a little buried, but if you give this How To a try you should be fine. I wrote it based on tips provided by users, and actually followed it successfully today on a new Windows 7, 64bit machine. Until we finish a polished solution, this isn't pretty but it'll work.

~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

Lynk
LCD?

Post by Lynk »

Clark, I've owned my GX Typhoon for over two years, and haven't ever had it functioning - Vista 64-bit never worked. Now that I'm running Win7, I'd like to have a little bit of fun with the gadget, yet there aren't any drivers to be found. Will you please provide a proper link to the Win7 drivers (http://updates.lcdstudio.com/gx/gx_win7_rtm.zip doesn't work)?

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Lynk,

Ray has posted a semi-official release here. The official release is scheduled to be part of a larger package.

~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital