Unit will not turn on

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

svfusion
LCD?

Unit will not turn on

Post by svfusion »

I have hooked my unit up using my USB headers on the motherboard and using the USB connectors on the back of the motherboard. I know my USB ports are good. Any ideas? Do I need to turn it on? is there external power I need to hook up to it? What do I need to do?

Thanks

svfusion
LCD?

Post by svfusion »

Really? Is the best support you can give? I should have researched this product before purchased. Seems like there are a lot of unhappier buyers. I remember 4-5 years ago this was the thing to have.. I guess like with everything, time changes things. I won't be recommending this piece of junk to anyone. There isn't even any PIN layouts anywhere. I am going to assume that I have a DOA unit and swap it out for another since the place I bought it from charges a 20% restocking fee. Either way, the support from Matrix Orbital plain sucks.

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

Before I address any of your actual concerns, you are pissed that you posted AFTER closing time on Friday and then no one has answered your questions on a SATURDAY?

Please try using the external USB cable first to test the unit, the unit slash screen should come up when it has power, you do not need external power connection.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

svfusion
LCD?

Post by svfusion »

I see questions and answers posted from your staff in past posts not in normal operation hours. Only one can take that as there are people on this forum that want to help.

Anyway, Thank You for replying.

I have tired a external USB as well on two different computers.

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Raquel »

Hi,

Using the external USB connection, when you plug in the GX, Windows (if that is what you have) should start looking for the drivers for the display. You can find the drivers here. Installation information here.

If Windows does not ask for drivers, check if the device shows up in the Device Manager. Try a different USB port if it does not show up in the Device Manager.

Once the device drivers are installed, then you should see the GX turn on and have splash screen displayed.
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital

svfusion
LCD?

Post by svfusion »

I sent it back. I do have a question though. How do you hook it up with a motherboard with a 9 pin internal header? I didn't want to try this before I asked you guys. Also, how do you know which side is the top with the connector that goes into the motherboard.

Here is a pic of my header

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Raquel »

Hi,

I thought you already hooked up the display to the USB headers on your motherboard (first post)?

You will need to read up on the pin out of the connector as per your motherboard's manual. What kind of internal USB cable do you have? We do sell our own like this one, but other people also sell internal USB cables. On our cable, you will see the pinout of the plug, check your motherboard manual and line the connections up.

I hope this helps.
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital

svfusion
LCD?

Post by svfusion »

I did try that. I wanted to make sure I have it right. I also tried it on another computer. I also tried using a regular USB cable on two different computers.

That is the cable I bought from Frozen CPU.