I want my money back!!!

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

ContraptionMaker
LCD!

I want my money back!!!

Post by ContraptionMaker »

I'm getting sick of this...Ray never responds, and it's been 3 years since Henry posted an update to the GX Typhoon versions.
This was posted July 2007 and has not been updated since. The link for the software was posted on May 2007 and it is still the same buggy software. Nothing has been updated. I have been patient for 2 years now and my screen is still a paper weight.
Henry wrote: GX Typhoon Versions!
The GX Typhoon will come in 2 colours initially and 2 more colours will follow in the next 8 weeks. There will initially be Silver Brushed Aluminum as well as Black Aluminum PC Bay inserts.

Typhoon This is a base model. It includes software, PC Bay insert, external USB cable. MSRP: $99.95

Typhoon MCE This model is the same as the regular Typhoon but comes with a Microsoft Remote Control. MSRP: $114.95 (MCE Support is only available under Vista)
This was posted May of 2007. Longest 8 weeks I ever heard of!
Henry wrote: No, the digital Baybus addon has not been released yet. We hope to release it in the next 8 weeks or so.
I am tired of waiting for the software updates and add-on we have been promised. At this point I find it hard to believe that there is any development going on for the GX.
I would just like to return the whole thing and get my money back.
Julian wrote: Since you've had your GX for a while, we would be happy to offer some free tech support, you can email us, support@matrixorbital.ca or sales@matrixorbital.ca
Or of course post for help in the forums, we watch it pretty closely.
I'm sure we can help you sort out your issues if you'll give us a chance. please feel free to email myself, or our support team anytime.

Thank you,
Julian
Thank you Julian, but until something is done with the software I don't believe that any tech support will help since it is not in the hardware. If I don't load LCD Studio and just let the preloaded screens run it works great. If I try to use the software the damn thing just locks up. I exit LCD Studio, reboot the screen by unplugging it, try to reload LCD Studio and it won't start up, freezes at "loading display manager" and you have to use task manager to shut everything down. This is not a polished piece of software. That's a shame too, because the hardware is great. I'm just tired of waiting. To quote the title of another post, "Starting to feel A$$-Raped here".

A very unhappy customer,
ContraptionMaker

Just a side note here to show how out of touch with your customers you are.
This was posted in the FAQ's May 2007:
Q: Can I design my own MCE screens?
A: Yes you can, we will provide a guide how to do this very soon
How many years is very soon?

Going back to the cable issue from the "Starting to feel..." post. You stated that you include a external cable because the people installing the screen won't know what to do with the internal cable.
Its kinda of a weird situation, if we ship the internal one any novice user would freak out and go 'whaaaaa whats that cable and where does it plug into' if we ship the external one that everyone understands how to plug in but the more advanced users go 'its an internal display, should come with an internal cable *DUH*' we can't ship both without increasing prices, however if you contact sales before placing your order they should be able to swap the cable for you.
Or this one:
Or pick a cable thats easy to use (External) but looks a bit weird hooking it up, or include the internal one and have people complain the product came with a impossible to figure out usb cable where unless you had your mother board manual can't get it to work, so honestly there's no winning this for us.
Or this one:
About the cable its a tough one we either include both cables and have to raise the price of the product and have people complaining about i'm paying for cable X and i'm not even using it ripoff!

I can buy an internal cable for $3. Your telling me you can't buy these in bulk at a cheaper price and throw it in without raising the price? Bull Sh*t.!!!

I have been building and fixing computers for years. I have seen 1000's of computers and NEVER saw one with an LCD screen that was added by the end user. If they did install it they are going to say "How do I get this cable inside my machine to plug into a port on the outside?" Get real guys, only a modder with experience will be installing this and they will know what to do with an internal cable. Most people are afraid to take the side off let alone install a piece of hardware, why do you think "Geek Squad" is so successful? (And no I don't work for them)
That's my rant for today.
Thanks for nothing,
ContraptionMaker

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

You're obviously here just to troll and flame, not to get any issues
resolved, which is fine, just don't expect me to respond to any of it (as you
have noticed), any discussion in a somewhat civilized tone i'd be more then
happy to respond to though.

As for your problems, all I can tell you is what I told you before:

On software : I have been allocated a time slot to work on the GX in the
near future, if you have bugs you want looked at or features you'd like us
to concider please email them to support for inclusion in our issue
database.

On the fan controller : there is no ETA, its a project that is still on the
table but currently has only very limited resources allocated to it,
making estimating a release date very very difficult if not impossible.

Soo in conclusion if you have issues/requests get them registered in the
database though support and they'll be looked at, If you just want to rant,
go nuts! (Just don't expect me to respond) I designate this your dedicated
rant thread, any ranting from in other threads will be removed though as
we'd like to keep this place somewhat civilized.

Greetings,
Ray

ContraptionMaker
LCD!

Ray,
You must not really read or comprehend the post. Accusing me of trolling and ranting is just one more way for you to keep from giving a definitive answer to any of my questions or statements. I am not here to rant and rave or flame. I am a paying customer that has a legitimate complaint. It didn't get nasty until there is no responses or action of any kind. I have stated the software problem here more than once as have others. We have waited two years for updates/add-ons and none are forth coming. The only issues I have is with the software. You personally stated that time has been allocated for working on the software, and not just in the last post, you made the same statement over two years ago. How long do we have to wait for this to come out out beta and into a stable release? I am not the only person here to state this problem. If being upset because I have had to wait over two years for action is ranting, raving and flaming then so be it. All I want is a stable piece of software to make my screen work. If you can't provide that in a timely manner then I would like to return my unit and have my money refunded. I think two years is a more than reasonable time to wait. Please fix the software or send me a RMA so I can return your LCD and you will never here from me again.
Thank You,
ContraptionMaker

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

Lets try a short version of my previous post :

Report issues though support to get them on my list for the upoming time slot.

See our warrenty policy for your RMA options.

PS.
I do read all threads, so PM'ing is not needed.

ContraptionMaker
LCD!

Ray wrote:Lets try a short version of my previous post :

Report issues though support to get them on my list for the upoming time slot.
And when would that be? Can you at least answer that? It's already been years...and since I am not the only one I sure the problem is already on "the list" but I will post it anyway.
Ray wrote: See our warrenty policy for your RMA options.
Well, I see I am out my money. Oh well, hard earned, easy go I guess.

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

ContraptionMaker wrote:And when would that be? Can you at least answer that?
There's two options here given that i have not given you a more concrete time line in any of my posts.

A) I Have this information and have been sitting on it all along because i'm really enjoying being yelled at by angry customers.

B) I don't know, its decided by people above me, all I know that its going to be in the coming weeks/months.

You get one guess, and i'll give you a small clue about the answer : it's not A.