GX issues

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

ContraptionMaker
LCD!

GX issues

Post by ContraptionMaker »

I bought my GX over two years ago and nothing has changed. The software is buggy (locks up at random), is over three years old and still no 64 bit support. Was also promised hardware additions and yet not one damn thing has come from this company. I posted my problem to this forum once and never received any kind of response. I feel like I just threw my money away on this piece of crap. I have tried it on three different machines and always the same thing, runs awhile and then locks up...what a piece of shit. I am sure it is in the software but the LCD is no good with out it.

Thanks for taking my money for something now worthless to me.
Oh and by the way, I will never recommend that anyone buy a Matrix Orbital product.

Thank you for your time,
A very unhappy customer

Julian
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Julian »

Hi, I'm the Sales Manager here at Matrix Orbital.
I'd like to let you know that we do take your concerns very seriously, we fell all our customers are important, and we would like to help you have a good experience with Matrix Orbital.

We do have 64 bit support, that one is no problem, the latest drives can be downloaded here, on our .ca site.
http://www.matrixorbital.ca/software/GX/softwarepacks/

Since you've had your GX for a while, we would be happy to offer some free tech support, you can email us, support@matrixorbital.ca or sales@matrixorbital.ca
Or of course post for help in the forums, we watch it pretty closely.
I'm sure we can help you sort out your issues if you'll give us a chance. please feel free to email myself, or our support team anytime.

Thank you,
Julian

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

1) You have two other posts on these forums post 1. Post 2 which i answered we had no ETA on the addons. We have done minor updates to lcdstudio for the lockup issue, we have units running our own servers for months/years now. Unless someone contacts us to tell us they still have a problem we're not going to look at it.

2) 64 bit has been supported from the start, win7 support is still a bit of hit and miss but we are usually able to help out any customer to get it running.

3) I have been allocated a timeslot to work on the GX software in the near future (coming weeks/months), if you have any bugs you want us to look at mail 'm over to support@matrixorbital.ca and we'll add 'm to our list and get that fixed up for you.

We do our best to offer quality support, but our physic powers are not that good we canon telephaticly sense you are having issues, if you have issues by all means contact us!!

ContraptionMaker
LCD!

Julian wrote:Hi, I'm the Sales Manager here at Matrix Orbital.
I'd like to let you know that we do take your concerns very seriously, we fell all our customers are important, and we would like to help you have a good experience with Matrix Orbital.

We do have 64 bit support, that one is no problem, the latest drives can be downloaded here, on our .ca site.
http://www.matrixorbital.ca/software/GX/softwarepacks/

Since you've had your GX for a while, we would be happy to offer some free tech support, you can email us, support@matrixorbital.ca or sales@matrixorbital.ca
Or of course post for help in the forums, we watch it pretty closely.
I'm sure we can help you sort out your issues if you'll give us a chance. please feel free to email myself, or our support team anytime.

Thank you,
Julian
Thanks Julian, I would really like to get my screen working. It has not worked right since I got it. Keeps locking up at random, believe it to be software. The software you point me to is the same I got almost two years ago.
Thanks,
ContraptionMaker
Last edited by ContraptionMaker on Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

ContraptionMaker
LCD!

Hi Ray,
First of all I am sorry I called the GX a piece of crap, it works great, the software sucks.
I would like to respond to your post though.
Ray wrote:1) You have two other posts on these forums post 1. Post 2 which i answered we had no ETA on the addons. We have done minor updates to lcdstudio for the lockup issue, we have units running our own servers for months/years now. Unless someone contacts us to tell us they still have a problem we're not going to look at it.

The first post was two days after I got my GX and it simply said how much I liked it. Then I asked about the buss bay add-ons, your answer:
Ray wrote:Other then its coming I can't give any ETA on it.
That was Nov. 2008
My second post was Sept. 2009. I asked in that post about the software locking up,
ContraptionMaker wrote: As far as the LCD itself goes...it's FANTASTIC. The hardware is only and good as the software that supports it and this LCD Studio is, well....not so hot. Designing screens is easy and I like the fact it will display ani. gifs. The problem is it locks up for no apparent reason. It might run 5 days or 5 min. If I close LCD Studio from the program itself, it continues to run in the back ground. I have to use task manager to close it. I think it's a shame that you have such a great product yet the software is only a beta version and no updates for over a year. When will there be a full version release?
One more question, what about all the hardware add ons, you know, for all the extra plugs in the back?
I NEVER got an answer to these two questions. Oh sorry you did answer the last one. "No ETA", same answer I got almost two years ago. If there are updates to the software where are they? The software pack is the same one I got two years ago and it still does not work. :grr:

Ray wrote:2) 64 bit has been supported from the start, win7 support is still a bit of hit and miss but we are usually able to help out any customer to get it running.
OK I was wrong about the 64 bit support but Win7 has been out long enough now there should be full support by now.
Ray wrote:3) I have been allocated a timeslot to work on the GX software in the near future (coming weeks/months), if you have any bugs you want us to look at mail 'm over to support@matrixorbital.ca and we'll add 'm to our list and get that fixed up for you.

We do our best to offer quality support, but our physic powers are not that good we canon telephaticly sense you are having issues, if you have issues by all means contact us!!
I know u have a lot on your plate but its been two years and I have yet to see any of the things that you have promised, just "No ETA". So is that the answer I get if I mail in a bug..."Ya we'll fix that, sometime in the coming weeks/months, no ETA though."
I didn't expect telepathy...I described a problem and never got an answer.
That really makes me glad I spent $114 on this.

Sorry if I sound a little disgruntled but it is kind of a paper weight right now.
Hope something happens soon (coming days/weeks maybe?) because when it works I love it.
Thanks for your time,
ContraptionMaker

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi ContraptionMaker,

I'm sure Ray will respond regarding most of this post shortly, I just wanted to help out with Windows7. Unfortuantely, no we don't have any formal documentation yet, but with the help of a fellow developer, we were able to post a short guide to a Windows7 install of the GX.

~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

ContraptionMaker
LCD!

Clark wrote:Hi ContraptionMaker,

I'm sure Ray will respond regarding most of this post shortly, I just wanted to help out with Windows7. Unfortuantely, no we don't have any formal documentation yet, but with the help of a fellow developer, we were able to post a short guide to a Windows7 install of the GX.

~Troy
Hi Troy,
Right now it is in a 32 bit WinXP SP3 mach. This is the mach. I want to keep this in. I get all the info from plug-ins and such just randomly locks up even if you don't load any play list or if you only load a single screen. I've tried running it as a clock only and still locks up.

Thanks for your quick response.
ContraptionMaker

ContraptionMaker
LCD!

Still no reply, ETA Unknown
Thanks Ray