replace an OEM imon with a GX Typhoon?

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

hellerbrewing
LCD?

replace an OEM imon with a GX Typhoon?

Post by hellerbrewing »

I have an Antec Fusion case with the imon LCD display. I would like to replace this display with one that is more functional. So far I have been able to find one posting on the internetwhere someone has said they have replaced theirs, and it was with a GX typhoon. They said it was fairly easy but I do not know how much stock to take in this positng given that there is not more information and the picture is pretty fuzzy (looks as it may have been photoshopped). Does anyone know if this is possible? Is it possible to get ahold of the dimensions of both units to compare the mounting holes? Any other insight?

hellerbrewing
LCD?

Post by hellerbrewing »

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi HellerBrewing,

The GX display comes within a mounting bracket designed to slip into a 1U sized opening, like a standard CD or DVD drive. You can check out the complete drawing here, but unfortunately there is no drawing for the display alone, as it does come as part of a package.

However, for mounting holes and screen size alone, you can check out the back of the GLK24064-16-1U manual for a drawing. This product uses the same screen and mounting holes, so you can use it as a basic reference.

Anyway, check out the GX documentation above, take the LCDStudio software for a test drive, and please post any questions or concerns you may have regarding the set up.

Thanks,
~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital