Printing Images Directly

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

gmatharu1221
LCD?

Printing Images Directly

Post by gmatharu1221 »

I am trying to use LCD Studio with the GX Typhoon and so far results are great and I am having fun experimenting with designs.

I will be using the GX Typhoon as a screen in my car connected to my car computer, I am going to hook it up to my Car Stereo and show audio VU meters too, but the LCD itself is about 30 to 50 ms behind, which makes it look a little off.

I tried the GX Typoon Configuration software which comes with the Driver, and when u change the colours or output a image to the screen, it is immediate, I wonder if LCD Studio has a latency at sending the information to the screen, its totally understandable.

I was wondering if I could output images directly to the screen at realtime. Say if i had a program made in Visual Basic, and it outputted a PNG every -0.01 of a second and that PNG was outputted to the screen. Is there anyway I can directly interface with the LCD? (And Change its backlight)?

Thanks very much, any help would be much apperciated, as LCD Studio tends to be quite tempermental.
Cheers again, Gurminder.

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

If you can program C# you have more freedom and you can run without lcdstudio if you want, i posted a basic example here

Writing a new bitmap to disk and have lcdstudio load it should work as well (with the version you already have) i'm not quite sure you'll be able to do the 0.01 sec framerate though. Its dependend on the windows filesystem watcher which someitmes needs a little time to kick in.

There shouldn't be any latency with sending information to the display but i can imagine having some latency in the whole speaker output->pc input->fft->lcdstdio plugin->display process. Perhaps if you increase the framerate a bit its less noticable,click an empty part of your design and change the framerate in the properties editor.