Windows XP Professional X64 and remote control

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

Aloha
LCD Guru

Windows XP Professional X64 and remote control

Post by Aloha »

Hi Ray:

I am testing MediaPortal multimedia application. The program very flexible and very promising. And with your help the latest version 1.0.2 works with GX right out of the box!

I am thinking now about switching to XP X64, but I was surprised that Microsoft didn't write X64 drivers for the Microsoft IR receiver, and MediaPortal community is very upset about this. I understand you wrote 64-bit drivers for GX including the IR receiver. Unfortunately, I will have to use the Microsoft IR blasters to be able to control the top set box.

I know you are the expert in this and I was wondering if you know a way to use GX and Microsoft IR blasters with XP X64?

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

I use Windows XP and Media Portal and there is no way for the remote to work with the GX... and trust me.. if we could do it in a reasonable time frame I would make them do it for me, and me alone, heh
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

We didn't actually write IR Drivers microsoft supplied us with the hardware specifications on how to intergrate in the windows IR Stack the only catch was they only opened up that specification starting vista which aparently uses a somewhat different driver then XP hence although we follow all specs it just refuses to work on XP.

Aloha
LCD Guru

Post by Aloha »

I know for many users and programmers XP still stays and will stay choice #1 operating system until something better comes up. I personally struggled with Vista for a long time trying to make it do things I like to do, but then switched to XP.

Henry: do you use 32 or 64 bit XP? what remote control system do you use? I use Microsoft ehome infrared transceiver also known as Microsoft IR Blaster and it works fine in XP 32 bit version.

Ray: You may find the following links interesting:

http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/ir-se ... ete-29024/

http://www.byremote.com.au/Hip/mce_remote_faq.htm

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

I use Windows XP 32bit, no need for 64 on that system... I also use the MS ehome blaster.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital