Missing MCE parameters

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

Aloha
LCD Guru

Missing MCE parameters

Post by Aloha »

Hi Ray:

I know you are very busy, but could you add a few missing MCE parameters into LCD Studio?

If I am not mistaken, we are missing DVD, TV, Music, Pictures, Radio and a few other events like MCE start and Volume Changed. Since MCE is my main application, I can't start using the LCD Studio without these paremeters.

Thank you very much for understanding.

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

I would love to but as you have noticed I am indeed realy really really short on time lately and I don't see that change in the next few weeks or months even. I'm still planning on adding them at some point in the future but just lack the time right now. (its not like i don't want to do it or anything)

Best compromise I can offer you at this moment if you don't want to wait anylonger is to release the source of the MCE plugin but unless you have any programing experiance I doubt its going to be of any use (wouldn't recomend starting programming by writing lcdstudio plugins they are a tad more complicated then a regular app).

Edlo
LCD Geek

MCE plugin (LcdStudio)

Post by Edlo »

Hi Ray
I purchased my GX in January 2008 so it has been a long wait for the completion of the MCE plugin for LcdStudio, can you please answer the folowing 2 questions.

How many hours do you estimate would be required for you to complete the MCE plugin.

How can forum members like Aloha and myself help you in an early completion of the plugin.

PS: Are there any forum members out there who are capable of assisting Ray in the completion of the MCE plugin.

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

Doubt that there's anything you can do to get an early completion, I'm allocated to other projects which is prettymuch well outside of anything you could possibly help me with.

Think the time needed for writing the actual code needed is a couple of hours at best, the problem lies in testing, most if the stuff thats missing (radio,TV, recorded stuff) I'm unable to test due to lack of cable at the office. Which then sparks an inevitable loop of me putting out code, you tesitng it, reporting back,me fixing it and putting out a new version for you which is just too disruptive for the other work I'm doing hence i'm pushing it forward until I have some extra hours to burn.

Edlo
LCD Geek

LcdStudio MCE plugin

Post by Edlo »

Hi Ray

I'm sure Henry values the forum members input and assume he will allocate the few hours required to update the plugin you could then post to "Index of GX Beta". Aloha and I could test.

We could control disruption to your workload by agreeing that only one of us communicates our findings back to a third party such as Henry via pm (Henry will you help conclude this critical plugin for LcdStudio) we could also agree a timescale before reporting back our findings.

Henry Please Please Please help support the end users who purchased the GX for use in a Media Center PC.

Aloha
LCD Guru

Post by Aloha »

Ray:

RF signal should not be a problem. You can connect a small external antenna or even a $1 RF patch cable to your capture card and record the air signal, even static signal without anything will work for testing. Same for the radio. Alternatively I could send you a few short dvr-ms files if you don't have any.

We also have a few missing parameters that do not require RF signal: DVD, Music, Pictures, and a few events.