Typhoon Display Problem

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

nakered
LCD?

Typhoon Display Problem

Post by nakered »

Hello all!

I used to have my GX display running just with it's default screen (clock, colour change, cpu usage etc.)
All hunky dorey, until now - the default screen is no longer there, all it displays now is the "waiting for applications" screen

I then installed LCDStudio, hoping that it would "kick start" the display, but to no avail. I go thru the setup procedure (Does the welcome screen display? - NO)

Nothing seems to work, all I have is an expensive display, albeit with an IR port.

I getting sooooo frustrated, why doesn't it work straight out of the box?
It seems like I need to invest in some sort of high end programming classes, cos this thing isn't suitable for the layperson!

HELP! :( :( :(

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

Actually no programming course is required to use your GX using lcdstudio you can just drag and drop the information you want on your display and you're good to go. We have a quickstart guide available here.

The problem you are having that none of the applications wanting to connect to your GX is most likely caused by Windows Defender corrupting your host file due to a bad signature file they had for a little while. See this page on information on how to restore the damage done.

nakered
LCD?

Post by nakered »

That sorted it! - the HOSTS file corruption thingy fix

Thanks, what a relief :D
It'll be nice if we had some more examples tho - otherwise, sorted!