Enable Microsoft Vista compatible IR Receiver Option

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

if you tick the box, apply the settigns and unplug the module, is it back off when you plug it back in?

AlienX
LCD?

Enable Microsoft Vista compatible IR Receiver Option

Post by AlienX »

Firstly i would like to apologise if this has allready been posted, i did a quick search and found nothing to help me...

I have a very annoying issue with the unit...

I have to tick the Enable box on the unit configuration screen for WMC every time my PC boots, it wont remember the setting, even if i tick it, press Apply, close the window and press Configure again - its magically unticked.

Is there anyway to forcefully tick this, as most of the point of buying this unit was for the remote (and ofc the fun in hours of designing screens, man ive spent so long hehe)

Any help would be great
Thanks!

Microsoft Windows Vista - Ultimate x64 Edition

AlienX
LCD?

Post by AlienX »

Heya.

Indeed it is, ticked box - pressed Apply, unpluged from back of PC, Pluged it back in, loaded the configuration software back up - and unticked...

I have noticed something tho, the remote still works - but some of the functions on it dont, example of this:

Pressing the green Start button in the middle is meant to load up WMC, This does not until i load up the configuration editor, tick the box and press Apply...

Strange stuffs!

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

Are any other setting sticking to the unit? Such as backlight and contrast settings?

AlienX
LCD?

Post by AlienX »

Everything else is fine, just this IR stuff :(

Edlo
LCD Geek

Post by Edlo »

I can confirm the tick does not appear when you reopen config but remote always works ok, it seems the software does not remember the ticked box so this is a minor issue.

On occassions the green start button does fail to do anything, again another minor issue I have not pursued because of more urgent issues with the software such as lockups and failure to recover on PC wake up.

My device is currently disconnected because the beta software issues have finally overwhelmed me.

Many thanks to Ray who makes every effort to support the GX unfortunately his time is often allocated to more urgent task's so progress has been very slow, I would not be sursprised if the GX was discontinued.

It's definately not an out of the box experience which is a pity because most purchasers do a lot of research and then decide to buy the GX because of it's great potential.

? How many of you have dumped your GX ?