Another suggestion, allow it to pivot left/right.

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

NeilF
LCD Geek

Another suggestion, allow it to pivot left/right.

Post by NeilF »

Most people I imagine mount the display in their case, with the case typically being to their left/right.

If the Typhoon was mounted such that the display was on a metal facure, mounted into bay fitting, but with a pin/hing on the left and/or right, it would mean you could angle the display.

To fit it flush with the case (as currently, you'd just leave both pins in. No movement.

BUT, you could take either pin out so it pivots on the other. As such if I sat to the left of my case, I would take the right pin out, so the metal facure (which the display was connected to) could rotate on the left hinge, say 10+ degrees. (A bit like a door).

This means you could pivot/angle the hole display front plate (like a little door) out of the case to face you a little.

You could of course pivot the display just in the middle. But this would mean when angled, part of the display would move back into the case, obscuring it even more. With the above solution, nothing goes back into the case, it only moves out. As long as the facure had metal edges that went back 1-2cm, it means it would all look neat and tidy when angled so part of it was out of the case...

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Raquel »

Hello Neil,

Thank you for your great idea. We will keep it in mind for future products or future versions of the GX.
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital