Next problem(s) - LCD Studio doesn't auto start

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

NeilF
LCD Geek

Next problem(s) - LCD Studio doesn't auto start

Post by NeilF »

Windows Defender complains about it, so it cannot start. How do I allow it to automatically run.

Also, when I tell Windows Defender to run it (right click & allow), it displays my one and only page, but it does not run it. ie: Not of the figures/graphcs are updated. They're just static until I go into LCD Studio and run it manually?

EDIT - If I turn off UAC it's OK, but don't really won't to do that!?

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

Not quite sure what i can do about the defender situation, also have problems understanding what is happening when it does start, how have you configued lcdstudio to start? Full interface or minimized to traybar, if you have set it up to start from the traybar have you setup a default playlist?

NeilF
LCD Geek

Post by NeilF »

Ray wrote:Not quite sure what i can do about the defender situation, also have problems understanding what is happening when it does start, how have you configued lcdstudio to start? Full interface or minimized to traybar, if you have set it up to start from the traybar have you setup a default playlist?
It's simply down to LCDStudio comflicting with Windows Defender/UAC. If I turn UAC off all is fine.

From my limited knowledge of Vista, I suspect this is down to LCD Studio not being digitally signed maybe?

Seems crazy I have to disable my security just to allow one program to run at startup.