Where are the drivers?

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

NeilF
LCD Geek

Where are the drivers?

Post by NeilF »

OK, so trying to get a Typhoon to work on Vista 64.

Following the instructions as posted here - http://www.lcdforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3763
1 - Driver Core = Dead link! Great start!
2 - LCD Studio = Fine, installed it, but no good without (1) I assume.
3 - .Net 2.0 = I assume you do not need to do this with Vista 64 SP1?

Would be nice to be able to use the typhoon :(

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

Actually with your GX you should have gotten a letter with the correct location of the Drivers. If this wasn't included please let me know.

The latest drivers you can find here the current latest verison of the drivers are the Aug 2008 software pack for the GX

NeilF
LCD Geek

Post by NeilF »

Ray wrote:Actually with your GX you should have gotten a letter with the correct location of the Drivers. If this wasn't included please let me know.

The latest drivers you can find here the current latest verison of the drivers are the Aug 2008 software pack for the GX
Thanks!

So I should just download/use 'GX Software Pack Aug 2008 Rev 1'?

And as regards the firmware upgrade? Just apply it no matter what? Or how do I see what version is currently on the unit?

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

New units shipping should have the latest firmware installed, the firmware upgrade application should tell you the version of the units attached.

NeilF
LCD Geek

Post by NeilF »

Ray wrote:Actually with your GX you should have gotten a letter with the correct location of the Drivers. If this wasn't included please let me know.

Right! Still no joy :(

So this is a Vista SP1 64 bit new install...

Install the driver core, and then plug in the Typhoon.

In Device manager it lists the device:-
Other Devices >
- GX Series LCD

but it has an exclamamtion mark, and if you open it up:-
The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver.
So no software can see it...

Next?

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

Drivers should install on their own but that obviously failed here, can you manually install the drivers? Right click your GX in the device manager, click the proposed "install drivers" button and point it to C:\program files\Matrix orbital drivercore\drivers if it asks for drivers.

NeilF
LCD Geek

Post by NeilF »

Ray wrote:Drivers should install on their own but that obviously failed here, can you manually install the drivers? Right click your GX in the device manager, click the proposed "install drivers" button and point it to C:\program files\Matrix orbital drivercore\drivers if it asks for drivers.
Seemingly all working - Phew!

Why does the LED keep flashing at random on the IR? It's annoying?

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

IR lights up whenver it sees an IR signal, could be anything from direct sunlight to a rouge remote somewhere in your home that emits IR whenver it feels like it. You can turn off the IR completly but not just the LED. I'll add that to the wishlist for future firmware upgrades.

NeilF
LCD Geek

Post by NeilF »

Ray wrote:IR lights up whenver it sees an IR signal, could be anything from direct sunlight to a rouge remote somewhere in your home that emits IR whenver it feels like it. You can turn off the IR completly but not just the LED. I'll add that to the wishlist for future firmware upgrades.
It's sitting on a desk in my study between a monitor and a PC... Yet it flashes periodicallly?

If the IR is turned off, surely it won't detect anything, so the LED won't light up?

EDIT! ARGH! This red light flashing at random is doing my head in!!