OK, how do I get the Typhoon to work? Bad instructions!

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

NeilF
LCD Geek

OK, how do I get the Typhoon to work? Bad instructions!

Post by NeilF »

OK, so trying to get a Typhoon to work on Vista 64.

Following the instructions as posted here - http://www.lcdforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3763
1 - Driver Core = Dead link! Great start!
2 - LCD Studio = Fine, installed it, but no good without (1) I assume.
3 - .Net 2.0 = I assume you do not need to do this with Vista 64 SP1?

Would be nice to be able to use the typhoon :(

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

Actually with your GX you should have gotten a letter with the correct location of the Drivers. If this wasn't included please let me know.

The latest drivers you can find here the current latest verison of the drivers are the Aug 2008 software pack for the GX

Ps. no need to cross post, its a relativly small forum, I do read all of it :)

NeilF
LCD Geek

Post by NeilF »

Ray wrote:Actually with your GX you should have gotten a letter with the correct location of the Drivers. If this wasn't included please let me know.

The latest drivers you can find here the current latest verison of the drivers are the Aug 2008 software pack for the GX

Ps. no need to cross post, its a relativly small forum, I do read all of it :)
Try some of the links in your own sticky - http://www.lcdforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3763

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

I know the sticky is wrong (or actually was, i just fixed it) but was there a letter included with your GX? Cause if there wasn't I need to take action on that.

Fenners
LCD!

Post by Fenners »

It does work fine on vista 64, although the need to let defender run the program is a pain but bearable.

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

I have created a signed version of LcdStudio 806 (same version as in the aug'08 rev1 software pack) just copy the exe file over the old copy (no installation required) and see if that makes defender happy. Please report back any success or failure

NeilF
LCD Geek

Post by NeilF »

Ray wrote:I have created a signed version of LcdStudio 806 (same version as in the aug'08 rev1 software pack) just copy the exe file over the old copy (no installation required) and see if that makes defender happy. Please report back any success or failure
OK! Thanks! Will give it a go and let you know...

NeilF
LCD Geek

Post by NeilF »

NeilF wrote:
Ray wrote:I have created a signed version of LcdStudio 806 (same version as in the aug'08 rev1 software pack) just copy the exe file over the old copy (no installation required) and see if that makes defender happy. Please report back any success or failure
OK! Thanks! Will give it a go and let you know...
Still fails I'm afraid! Windows Defender refuses to run it at startup.