Vista x64 Issues with Media Center and LCD Display

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

CrisisDog
LCD?

Vista x64 Issues with Media Center and LCD Display

Post by CrisisDog »

Help, please!

I've gotten my GX LCD display loaded up and working with several pieces of software on my build of Vista x64, but am unable to get it to recognize output from Media Center, or for that matter, Media Player in 64-bit mode. I've kinda delt with similar issues in the past as Media Center on an x64 platform is only 64-bit compatible. I've had to locate specific 64-bit codec drivers for video to play properly and am under the impression that the LCD Studio software may need to be written to also take this into consideration. With some expreimenting, I also noticed LCD Studio worked fine with Media Player in 32-bit mode, but when issuing the command "unregmp2.exe /SwapTo:64" to make it run in full 64-bit mode, it no longer was able to pull file data to display. Unfortunately, Microsoft did not build in a Media Center option to "downplay" in 32-bit mode, it is constantly going to be a 64-bit app.

Also to note, it seems that the LCDInfo app can neither interface into 64-bit Media Center. As it cycles through the screens, I see the clock, CPU useage stats, but the screen is blank for Media Center stats.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

I have to double check but by the looks of it indeed seems that the interface libraries we use (provided by microsoft) did not properly register with media center due to a 32bit installer 64 bit os. I'll have to reproduce this to figure out what and why, it coud be a little while until i have a test environment. So i will get back to you on this but it can be a little while

darrylk
LCD?

Post by darrylk »

I'd be interested in seeing if any developments have been made in this area. I'd love to have Media Center info on my LCD. I'm playing with the software now on a 32-bit machine (no LCD installed) and I can't get anything from MC. If I click on the Media Center in the options menu, the checkbox greys out and I can't re-select it. Closing and restarting the program will allow me to re-select it, but I still don't get any info. Everything is "unknown". Everything else works, though, including Media Player. Would like to see more data there, though.
Once my Typhoon arrives it'll be going into a Vista 64-bit HTPC. Hopefully it'll work as well there.

CrisisDog
LCD?

Post by CrisisDog »

Ray wrote:I have to double check but by the looks of it indeed seems that the interface libraries we use (provided by microsoft) did not properly register with media center due to a 32bit installer 64 bit os. I'll have to reproduce this to figure out what and why, it coud be a little while until i have a test environment. So i will get back to you on this but it can be a little while
Did you guys ever get to check up on this? It's been seven months and I kind of gave up on this a while back, but it would be nice getting it to work one day in full x64 mode.

:roll:

Thanks...