Typhoon - Can the Tricolor mimic the inverse blue display?

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

Post Reply
NeilF
LCD Geek
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:36 am

Typhoon - Can the Tricolor mimic the inverse blue display?

Post by NeilF » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:22 am

From what I understand -

GX24064-TC-BBI - Tri Color display with black aluminum bay insert.
GX24064-WB-BBI - Inverse blue display with black aluminum bay insert.

If you buy the tricolor version so the display can become any colour, is it not possible for it to be made to look exactly like the 'inverse blue' version?

Or can the tricolor only display black text on a colored background?

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital
Posts: 729
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2001 4:00 pm
Location: Earth.... I think..
Contact:

Post by Ray » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:55 am

The inverse blue has a blue background and bright white pixels.

The Tri color display has any background color you want but the pixels will always be black.

NeilF
LCD Geek
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:36 am

Post by NeilF » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:31 am

Ray wrote:The inverse blue has a blue background and bright white pixels.
So the display would be similar in nature/colour to the Matrix Orbital MX422?

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital
Posts: 729
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2001 4:00 pm
Location: Earth.... I think..
Contact:

Post by Ray » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:40 am

Yes but graphic instead of alphanumeric.

NeilF
LCD Geek
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:36 am

Post by NeilF » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:36 am

Ray wrote:Yes but graphic instead of alphanumeric.
I know it's subjective but are you able to comment on this?

I prefer the look of the inverse blue display (it's what I have on my MX422), but without seeing a Typhoon in the flesh I don't know how it's inverse blue appears. Would you say it's just as easy to read (text/symbols/graphs etc) as the standard tricolour one?

If you were to display the same information in the same way on an Inverse Typhoon as the MX422 would they appear basically the same? And just as readable/clear?

Thanks...

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital
Posts: 729
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2001 4:00 pm
Location: Earth.... I think..
Contact:

Post by Ray » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:31 am

NeilF wrote:
Ray wrote:Yes but graphic instead of alphanumeric.
I know it's subjective but are you able to comment on this?

I prefer the look of the inverse blue display (it's what I have on my MX422), but without seeing a Typhoon in the flesh I don't know how it's inverse blue appears. Would you say it's just as easy to read (text/symbols/graphs etc) as the standard tricolour one?

If you were to display the same information in the same way on an Inverse Typhoon as the MX422 would they appear basically the same? And just as readable/clear?

Thanks...
The display its self is larger then the MX and graphic meaning you're no longer bound to a single font size, you could go for a really small font then it would naturally be more difficult to read then your mx, if you you for a 64 pixel high font it will be alot easier to read.

As for the difference between the tri and the blue inverse the light emitting white pixels (as with your mx) will always be easier to see then the passive black pixels however like all blue inverse displays it has some small ghosting when you move stuff around on the screen very quickly something that the tri color does not do. So both displays have their pro's and con's.

NeilF
LCD Geek
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:36 am

Post by NeilF » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:37 am

Ray wrote:
NeilF wrote:
Ray wrote:Yes but graphic instead of alphanumeric.
I know it's subjective but are you able to comment on this?

I prefer the look of the inverse blue display (it's what I have on my MX422), but without seeing a Typhoon in the flesh I don't know how it's inverse blue appears. Would you say it's just as easy to read (text/symbols/graphs etc) as the standard tricolour one?

If you were to display the same information in the same way on an Inverse Typhoon as the MX422 would they appear basically the same? And just as readable/clear?

Thanks...
The display its self is larger then the MX and graphic meaning you're no longer bound to a single font size, you could go for a really small font then it would naturally be more difficult to read then your mx, if you you for a 64 pixel high font it will be alot easier to read.

As for the difference between the tri and the blue inverse the light emitting white pixels (as with your mx) will always be easier to see then the passive black pixels however like all blue inverse displays it has some small ghosting when you move stuff around on the screen very quickly something that the tri color does not do. So both displays have their pro's and con's.
Useful! Thanks!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest