IR and Studio Question

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

Skirge01
LCD?

IR and Studio Question

Post by Skirge01 »

I'm using the Typhoon under XP at the moment.

1. Studio seems to freeze quite a bit. The display will freeze and I need to reboot in order to use Studio and get the display working again. Any idea what might be causing this?

2. Assuming I move to Vista, would the IR on the display be able to be used with an MCE Keyboard, as well as a Logitech Harmony remote? I'm currently using a USB-UIRT for the remote, but was wondering if a move to Vista would allow me to eliminate it.

Thanks! I'm still learning how to use this thing, but I LOVE it so far! Honestly, I just wish there was a more expensive, higher end version with a greater resolution.

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

1. The old firmware/software had some issues, have you tried our august'08 software pack for the GX Yet?

2. The IR reciever in the GX implements the Microsoft IR specifications and uses their driver as well so if the MCE Keyboard and Logitech Remote work with the little black box microsoft usually ships with their recievers I'm fairly confident it will work with the GX as well but in all honestly I have never tested it so can't 100% guarantee it.

Skirge01
LCD?

Post by Skirge01 »

Thanks, Ray. You guys certainly are on the ball when it comes to support.

I only installed it a couple of weeks ago, so maybe it wasn't the latest update. I'll give that a shot this weekend.

That's good to hear about the IR and the Harmony. I'll report back on this as well, so other will know for certain, but it may take a while. I don't mind being the guinea pig, since it seems promising.

I'm keeping a blog of the LCD install in an Antec Fusion over at MissingRemote.com, if anyone's interested.