new Aug 08 software pack

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

cammy9r
LCD!

new Aug 08 software pack

Post by cammy9r »

hi, i have been using the gx for a long while now and today i found a new pack for firmware/drivers as well as a new release of lcd studio.
now having installed them the display is only showing the gx logo.
The mo ldc config utility cannot see the display nor can the lcd studio wizard.
The display shows in device manager as GX Series Rev 2 Display and the driver version shows 2.0.0.1 Not digitally signed and device is working.
I have been messing around with it today uninstalling and the like but still nothing.
Can i revert the firmware back and the drivers as it was all fine for my needs before?

Any ideas as to the issues im having?
Thanks.

edit After a few restarts i have the lcd working but it still seems less stable than before. it will be a pain in the butt if i need to do this every time i boot the pc. we'll see how it goes.

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

edit After a few restarts i have the lcd working but it still seems less stable than before. it will be a pain in the butt if i need to do this every time i boot the pc. we'll see how it goes.
What issues are you having exactly, also what do yo need to do each time you boot the pc to get the gx working?

cammy9r
LCD!

Post by cammy9r »

hi, i think i have it working ok now.
The probs i was having were that the display would not always show up in the config utility and when it did the utility would hang so i could not alter any settings ie. contrast/ ir on or off. But it would show up in the lcd studio wizard as gx 240 64 ect. i could rotate the display but clicking next would cause the program to hang.
Now when installing both the drivers and lcd 2.1 (i had older versions) it would uninstall these and then install the updated versions, however i found that the folders still contained stuff from the older versions.
So i uninstalled everything to do with the GX manually, that is through the uninstall utility. Then i went to the remaining folders that did not uninstall and removed these too. This time the display showed and there was no hanging and i had to request another license for lcd 2.1.
So now it is working. Maybe it just needed a clean install.

Anyway great display and cool program just a shame the documentation is a bit poor but better than nothing at the start.
I now like that i can change colour between screens and that the display goes off when sleeping instead if on and frozen. And the media center and wmp options, I don't use many other apps as the display is on a htpc.
8)