Where can I find the Beta software

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

ROBB
LCD Geek

Where can I find the Beta software

Post by ROBB »

Could perhaps one of you lucky recipients of the BETA SOFTWARE give me a clue as to where I might find it? I'm told it may be the magic key to unlocking my GX TYPHOON? :o
Last edited by ROBB on Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

I'll join the posting pictures and using LARGE fonts fun and will reveal to you the location of our ultra secret hidden beta place...

But dont' tell anyone its our best kept secret you know...

:D
Attachments
Hint: Follow the red arrows.
Hint: Follow the red arrows.
betaplace.gif (183.45 KiB) Viewed 10388 times

ROBB
LCD Geek

I'm not really an idiot, I just play one on the internet

Post by ROBB »

Okay... so like it's not cool to do that?

For some reason links aren't highlighted from where I'm sitting, didn't notice it... :o thanks for the map!

The main issue Is getting Windows to find the hardware. There's nothing for the software to work with because it doesn't locate the display. I managed to find and manually install it under (ADD LEGACY HARDWARE) in Device Manager... but it will not run, or find the drivers when I direct it to them, yet Vista indicates that the software is up to date... of course windows will say that if you insert a stick of gum in a usb port... But of course still nothing on the display.. any ideas...Please?

Thanks

Thanks
Attachments
Capture4.5.jpg
Capture4.5.jpg (48.83 KiB) Viewed 10348 times
I can't write code, but I make cool things... got a display for this rig? Running Windows '38!
I can't write code, but I make cool things... got a display for this rig? Running Windows '38!
die_maschine_beta_07_365[1].jpg (138.07 KiB) Viewed 10371 times

ROBB
LCD Geek

Post by ROBB »

HELLO? :x

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

That'll teach you to edit your post, I only get notification on new posts :)

The very first time you plugged in the unit, did the windows driver wizard pop up? Also if you plug/unplug the unit does the unit showup/disappear in the device manager?

ROBB
LCD Geek

Post by ROBB »

Thanks for replying, Ray!

Nope. Nothing ever happened when I plugged in the display, except for the backlit logo. Windows never blinked. I've tried a different usb cable, different ports, rebooting, bios configs, even uninstalling every other single usb device then rebooting with only the display plugged in. Nothing. Like I said, under the Add Legacy Hardware I get four possile IDs for it, but when I try to update software and point it to my GX folder, it doesn't find it, yet ends with stating that the software is up to date.. LCD studio can't find it.
Attachments
1Capture1.JPG
1Capture1.JPG (75.04 KiB) Viewed 10330 times

ROBB
LCD Geek

Post by ROBB »

okay in the above capture you can see that today its showing three possible hardware ids... :-?

ROBB
LCD Geek

Post by ROBB »

Now this..
Attachments
hardware failureCapture.JPG
hardware failureCapture.JPG (62.66 KiB) Viewed 10326 times

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

Well if the device doesn't turn up on the usb bus you can try to force load any driver but it will not magically fix the device not being on the usb bus.

In all honesty sounds like faulty hardware, its unfortunate that it took this long to figure this out usually we'd RMA the unit but contact tclark@matrixorbital.ca with your contact info and we'll ship you a new one.

ROBB
LCD Geek

Post by ROBB »

Unfortunate indeed.

I mentioned that was the case from the very start.

Not to be a wise guy or beat a dead horse, but this kinda makes my point about including some basic 1-2-3 instructions
with the item; one would know what to expect from the getgo and would immediately know if there was a potential hardware/software problem instead of waiting in line for months for this answer. I spent countless days plus hours trying to figure out what I may have been doing wrong.

How can your "force feed" software to a device that the machine doesn't even locate?

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

Well you pretty much answered your own question you go to add legacy hardware and tell windows to load a driver. Since legacy hardware cannot indentify its self windows will happily load any driver you tell it to even without the actual hardware present or in your case not functioning properly.

ROBB
LCD Geek

Post by ROBB »

Obviously that,okay. But you see, as it turns out the "legacy hardware" Vista list is already in it's big brain, verses me thinking it actually found the display. :roll: I can force it to automatically find the software, but then it gives me assorted polite error messages about finding the software but having either a problem locating the specific device, or a problem installing the software. There just doesnt seem to be any connection to the hardware except for the fact that it lights up.

I was really expecting and frankly hoping this would be a Vista thing as so many issues are a "Vista Thing" and maybe we could all learn from my funny adventure. But I'm beginning to think it has to be a hardware issue, perhaps just a no-go connection with the usb. If I locate a harness running to one of my case's front USB ports, will that plug into the display? Typical connection?

Another interesting thing, the red LED that lights up when you push the remote buttons sometimes lights up if I touch the metal panel of the display, or blinks when sliding it in or out of the bay slot.?
The display never winks, has never flickered or failed to light, so a steady power connection is not a problem off the usb.. but being the Thomas Einstein that I am, yet not a ghost buster, I gotta say that feels like a
bad ground or somethin...?

Thanks, Ray

P.S. don't get me wrong, I like Vista. And someday, others will.

Sincerely
Mr. Bean
Last edited by ROBB on Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

Wait just for clarity you are having problems with the new unit as well or have you never gotten around contacting troy?

ROBB
LCD Geek

Post by ROBB »

No, same old unit. Been Offline. You see I was away for awhile on family emergency, then we had a little thing called a hurricane leave us without power for weeks. Funny though, amonst the ruins of my home, in the dark, that GX logo still glowed due to my UPS.

But it'll be good to make reasonably :-? sure that it's not a software issue, aka Me, before I get shipped a new one and have the same issue. And you won't have to wince behind the keyboard when you see me post next time.... :wink:

But I just shot an email off to Mr. Clark today

Thanks

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

General rule of thumb is when you plug something in the usb port and the Device manager doens't reload either the usb port is dead or the hardware you plug into it.

Since i'm gonna assume your port is ok (for fun an giggles plug a memory stick in there or a mouse or webcam whatever usb device you have) we'll just replace your GX.