Graphics

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

Bistro
LCD!

Graphics

Post by Bistro »

Is there a guide, link, etc. that describes in detail making background graphics specifically for the GX Typhoon? i.e. size limitations, font size limits, etc. Also what to look for specifically as far as gifs or bmps to use and how to prep them properly for the GX?

TIA...

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

Not really, if you want pure pixel control use ms paint in black and white mode, but lcd studio will read any image and will even do the conversion to black and white for you you even can select the dithering mode and see what works best for your specific image.

Spiceweasel
LCD?

Post by Spiceweasel »

I agree.. it would be nice to have someone in the community post a small guide with some basic info. I'm stumbling my way through the learning process on creating graphics for my GX, but I do have to admit that I am a complete novice when it comes to it. I never seem to get good results when I convert my pics. There is a good Mini-FAQ on the LCDStudios Forum, but I'm still a bit lost.

one thing that may help though, I went to the MO main site and got the screen dimensions from there. That helped me make a standard Template for my GX though.