Can't load Playlists (amongst other issues)

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

D-MaN
LCD?

Can't load Playlists (amongst other issues)

Post by D-MaN »

Hello all, I tried searching before posting, but couldn't find anyone with an issues like this (lots close, but none the same).

I have a GX. Specifically, the GX24064-WB-BBI. Using Windows XP SP3. Now, upon installing the latest public release of both the DriverCore and LCD Studio, everything was just peachy. I got the welcome message when first loading LCD Studio, and I was able to create a quick design and save it into a playlist.

However, when I told LCD Studio to minimize to the taskbar and right-click Playlist>Load and choose the playlist I have just made, the playlist doesn't appear to load and one of two things will happen:
1) The display will begin cycling it's "default" designs (ie: the clock, the MO logo, and the CPU grid)
2) The display simply shuts off. Seriously! Still plugged in, but off. I checked to see if maybe the clock of the default designs mentioned above had simply lowered the brightness to 0 or such, but no, the screen is off. The only way I've been able to recover the screen from this "crash" it either unplugged the USB cable and connecting it again, or by disabling and re-enabling the device in the Hardware Manager.

Now, in addition to this, if I configure LCD Studio to run on startup, in the taskbar, and load my playlist containing my one design, IT WORKS. But only for about 5 seconds or so, at which point, the default designs take over. Any attempts to then open *any* design or playlist in LCD Studio fail, as the display will either show only the default designs all the time, or crash, as described in #2 above.

I've tried rebooting a number of times, as well as uninstalling and re-installing both the DriverCore and LCD Studio. With no change in behavior.

Any suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated. This display is so kick-ass I'm way too excited to get it working correctly :P

Update!
So... I deleted the reference to LCDinfo.exe in my Statup folder... and it's working without issue at the moment. So for now... I guess we can call this problem solved?

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

Lets get you to the latest software and see if your problems go away, I added you to the beta group, please follow the upgrade guide and if you run in any problems feel free to ask for help!

ashiksorel
LCD?

Post by ashiksorel »

I am having the very same problems as to what the topic Creator pointed out. However I can't find this LCDInfo.exe file.

Help!

D-MaN
LCD?

Post by D-MaN »

ashiksorel wrote:I am having the very same problems as to what the topic Creator pointed out. However I can't find this LCDInfo.exe file.

Help!
You can find the reference to LCDinfo.exe in your Startup folder. You can get to the startup folder in one of two ways:

1 - Start > All Programs > Startup. There should be a shourtcut there, I believe it says "DriverCore" or something to that effect. It's a shortcut to LCDinfo.exe.

2 - Goto C:\Documents and Settings\%USER%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup, where %USER% is the name of your Windows user profile.

In either case simply delete (or move, for backup's sake) the shortcut that references the LCDinfo.exe application.

You could also just rename the LCDinfo.exe application (@ C:\Program Files\LcdStudio\ I believe) to something like "LCDinfo_DONOTLOAD.exe", that way if you ever wanted to use it again, you could just change the name back and not have to worry about adding or removing things from your startup folder.

Hope this helps! Be sure to give an update on whether or not this solves your issue.

Edit: Fixed path to LCDinfo.exe

Spiceweasel
LCD?

Post by Spiceweasel »

this also solved my problem with the Default System Info Grid and Clock auto loading at start up. Now to add to the drama a bit. I kinda liked the clock and the Grid, but would like a way to control them a bit more. Is it possible to have those 2 screens put out there is screens we could place in our custom playlists? When I delete the LCDinfo.exe from the startup menu, those two items go away completely. :(

P.S is there a way to change the default clock to show a 12 hour format vs the 24 hour format?

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

Its fairly easy to make a clock with lcdstudio, just drag in a time from the timezone you prefer and play with the formatting property until you're happy with it, cpu load should be doable with the bar widget and hooking up the cpu load.

Spiceweasel
LCD?

Post by Spiceweasel »

Ahh yes.. I think I'm finally getting it now! I was able to duplicate the clock. Yay! The settings for graphing the system data will take a bit more tweaking, but I think I'll get it.