I need some help please...

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

ROBB
LCD Geek

I need some help please...

Post by ROBB »

:( Irecieved my M. O. GX Typhoon MCE-WB-BBI W/REMOTE about 3 weeks ago and ahve been tinkering around with it when I have the time trying to get it to work. It arrived with no hardware, no software, no written instructions or hints of any kind, no indication of what the connectors do on the back... just an (externall)? USB cable. Plug that in and it lights with the lovely GX logo... nothing else. I downloaded the driver core and LCD studio thing, installed them, uninstalled them, re-installed them, installed them in different orders, tried every wich way to ping the thing in Device Manager, in safemode, in evey usb port on my machine, push buttons on the remote... I realize now you have to surf along this forum for answers and clues..but no offense, but I didn't want to join just to be able to use the device. It's frustrating. Could you just post some instructions? . And what's with an external usb cable? I was kinda planning to install the bay device as a bay device. (inside the case)
Attachments
capture_root__element_697.jpg
capture_root__element_697.jpg (131.92 KiB) Viewed 8792 times
Last edited by ROBB on Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bistro
LCD!

Post by Bistro »

Robb...I'm right there with you. I received my GX today and was actually shocked to find it used a feed-through external USB cable. I thought those went out with the dinosaurs. Motherboards have had internal USB ports for quite some time now. I ordered an internal cable with a mini B connector from CrazyPC.

Some definitive instructions would be great. I finally got into LCD Studio after having to figure out from scattered bits and clues, not to mention being frustrated by broken links, on what drivers to install for Vista. All I really want for now is to see the dang thing working, but I'm stuck on the GX logo just like you. Unfortunately, when one is very knowledgable about a particular subject, they often have difficulty in teaching others and end up leave a lot of details out of instruction. THEY know what they mean and how to accomplish something, but they aren't communicating it to noobs like you and me.

All I want (for now) is to see my system info on there (ie. CPU info). I THOUGHT the plugins would take care of that, but it appears that I have to design one. Unfortunately again, there are no real step-by-step instructions on how to do that from start to finish.

So I guess in the time being, we noobs have to just hunt for clues on how to work this thing.

Does anyone here get the idea of how frustrating this is for folks like us? Not trying to flame here, but a little help would be greatly appreciated.

ROBB
LCD Geek

Post by ROBB »

I'd be happy with ANY instructions. I had to use Google just to find this forum. I can't even get Matrix Orbital to acknowlege my existance. A sales rep of the the vender I purchased the item from said they have had so many complaints, they are doubtful about continuing to carry the product! Not that it's a defective product, but that the manufacturer simply doesn't offer direct support and ships a partial product "as is" . After staring at the GX logo for a month, I'm feeling a bit.... left out in the cold.
Last edited by ROBB on Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clare
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clare »

Hi Guys,

At www.matrixorbital.com there is an information tab that has our contact information.

I would have been more than happy to take your calls and try to assist you however, nobody called me for assistance.

Or you could have asked your place of purchase how to get in contact with us. They do have our information available if you need to speak with us.

I speak with our distributors weekly and not one has ever said they are thinking about not supplying our product.

You are acknowledged and these types of post do not help us aid you.

We are more than happy to help.

This forum is not for grips or unproductive comments. It is for user than require technical support in a constructive and polite manner.

Some people fail to realize that inappropriate or rude comments do not make people want to help you. They make people want to avoid you which is counter productive to what you are trying to achieve.

Please feel free to call me. 403-229-2737 x200

I am not technical however, I can assist in finding you the answers you need.

For anyone else out there that thinks we are ignoring you, please call me.

Thanks,
Clare

ROBB
LCD Geek

THANK YOU,ClARE, & MY APOLOGIES

Post by ROBB »

I would like to say I'm very sorry to everyone for being such a brat and bringing a certain caveman aspect to the forums. Not to make excuses, but I could tell you about a bad week where I had to spend the first vacation I've had in 10 years at home with a sinus infection, all tanked up with cold meds (THE GOOD KIND) and taking abusing energy drinks to a new level left me feeling a bit on edge, and with the frustration I've had trying to get my display to work broke the camels back, so I got stupid behind the keyboard.

Thank you for posting some contact information. Not to be critical, but wouldn't it be a good idea to ship this info with the product? I mean this has been so long drawn out and frustrating all because there is absolutely no information with the item. No instructions, no software, no mounting hardware, not even a packing slip to know if what I recieved was complete. I mean it's just loose in the box, rubber banned to the remote which had two mismatched dead batteries in it, an external micro usb and no written material at all, not so much as a business card. So having to call the dealer i purchased it from, following links they provided I downloaded the Drivercore and LCD studios, put fresh batteries in the remote and have been fighting this ever since. The vender provided me with an email address for tech support, but after weeks with no reply, I reluctantly signed up to the LCD Forums to ask for help. Not putting down the forum, mind you, but it just seems providing some simplle instructions would be easier for everyone. What really took the cake was when some one finally took the time to edit the subject line of my first post, but couldn't bother answering my questions or at least point me in the right direction while they were there... all this while waiting for some kind of reply via e-mail from Matrix Orbital, even a "be with you shortly" message would've helped. I see now that the address provided doesn't match any of the ones you kindly listed-so perhaps I did not get a valid address.

I fished around until I found the "0N LINE MANUAL" link, just to find a blank page. It's not a broken link, as everyone is calling it, there is just nothing posted there, no file of any type.

And Clare, thank you for offering to speak with you, but you stated that you are not technical support, so why would I bother you with my issue when exactly all I need is some basic tech support. Because I'm sitting heare after 7weeks, looking at what has turned out to be a 125 buck nite lite.. one that is powered by an 'external' cable that I have to route through my case, fish it out of the back and plug it back into the case. If it was a 300 e-machines it wouldn't be a big deal, but one might imagine some one buying a nice LCD display like this would have a pretty decent rig where appearance is a concern. I waited a year to purchase the GX TYPHOON DISPLAY as the finishing touch when completing my machine, just to sitting here wondering what to do, wondering about what i have... Did I recieve a complete package, am I suppose to have another cable connection, what are all the other pins in the back for, etc??? Am I installing the software correctly, what? It's difficult to guess when you have no guidelines or troubleshooting guides. Maybe all the answers are somewhere on this forum, but I get lost in this kind of thing, and I have spent hours trying to stumble my way around, taking notes of people with similar issues hoping to piece together my own instructions... but I am very tired of it. I would just love to know why this thing comes with no instructions, or why simple install instructions can't be posted somewwhere to view. It's seems this would be easier than both the company and the customer having to go through all of this.. not to mention the resellers that must get calls all day wondering if they have recieved a complete item.

I don't want a refund, a replacement or anything like that because at this point I have no way of telling if it is defective or not, since I have no guidelines to use at this time. At this time I have been relying on other case modders feedback that may have had some issues. I work during business hours and cannot call you guys from there to try and troubleshoot a tech issue without even having my computer nearby.. so I will try some of the enail contacts you listed and cross my fingers. In the meantime, you all might ponder creating and INCLUDING some instructions, not to metion a packing manifest so when some one opens a box and sees a panel, an EXTERNAL usb, and what looks like a commoin universal remote, no paperwork, warranty info or even packing material that this is all that you are suppose to get. I'm sorry to be drab, but I find this all so strange and disappointing. I have never purchased anything electronic that didn't provide some some of manual or guide if things don't work right. I'm sure once i get it to work I'll love it, but I'm wondering at this point what I honestly have besides a very expensive nite lite. All I want are some instructions. Please??

Thank You

Clare
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clare »

Hi Robb,

Thank you for your email.

Yes you are absolutely right that we should have shipped an instruction sheet with the GX product. With that being said, a co-worker and I created one to be sent however, there was obviously a mis-communication between myself and our production facility because that nicely made up sheet was not being included when it should have been.

So for that, my sincere apologies. You are correct.

I am not technical however, I am really good at nagging the techies for you! Hence including my email address so I can do the bugging for you. :)

I will follow up again with the techies for you even though I think you are already in contact with Ray who is your best bet to learning and figuring things out.

If you have purchased from a distributor, they would be the one to provide a packing slip. If you purchased directly from us, a packing slip is always sent and even though it happens, it is rare that a packing slip will fall of during shipping but it does happen.

If you bought direct from us, you will have a 1 year warranty on this display but if you bought from a distributor, it will be at the distributors discretion on what type of warranty to provide.

I do understand your frustrations and to put it bluntly, this sucks for you, I know. But we will try and get you sorted out!

Thanks again for your thoughts,
Clare

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Robb,

It looks like Clare has got you the contact info you need; if you ever need anything software related to that GX, Ray is always on these forums and usually and amazing help. If you do run into any hardware problems, or just want tech support, that is my function, so you can email support@matrixorbital.ca, or get me direct at tclark@matrixorbital.ca.

~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

ROBB
LCD Geek

Post by ROBB »

Thank you, Mr. Clark. Ray has directed me back to the forums.... where I should find what I need.. maybe.

This is going on two months, and to say I'm frustrated is an understatement. I simply would like the product to work, and some instructions would be great.
Last edited by ROBB on Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

I have given you access to the beta software which includes an installation/upgrade manual. If you have some specific question you want answered I'd be happy to answer to the best of my knowledge.

ROBB
LCD Geek

beta software ... beta software?

Post by ROBB »

Thank you very much, but please, where do I find this? I am new to this forum thing, so forgive me if I have to be baby fed info. I know there is a discussion area about it, but is there a link to a download page, or something? :roll:
Last edited by ROBB on Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ROBB
LCD Geek

DEVICE MANAGER DOESN"T FIND IT

Post by ROBB »

Please let me state my issue again, perhaps a bit more clearly than I did before... I hope

Running Vista Ultimate , When I plug in the display , Windows doesn't try to install anything, and there's no indication that windows is even aware of rhe device. I've tried restarting my machine, uninstalling every usb device one by one, letting it reinstall them-no luck. Trying everything to "ping" the display, I even tried to sub tab (add legacy hardware) and to my surprise Matrix Orbital Display is listed as something I can manually install... but it does this from a list obviously, because it doesn't matter if the device is even plugged in or not. So that doesn't work...

I've tried installing the "Driver Core" to see if this has any affect. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it several times. Sometimes I get error messages stating that no device is found, other times the install seems succesful. I've even opened the program and seen indication that my display is running... but no change in the display. LCD studio cannot ever seem to find it. My understanding is that simply plugging the device into a usb port, I'm suppose to see a change in the display and Windows is suppose to respond to the connection initially.. right? It's all just guess work for me...
Attachments
Under the "LEGACY HARDWARE" tab in device manager.
Under the "LEGACY HARDWARE" tab in device manager.
Capture.JPG (59.71 KiB) Viewed 8786 times
when trying to install...
when trying to install...
Capture root element.JPG (85.66 KiB) Viewed 8810 times
Last edited by ROBB on Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:50 pm, edited 11 times in total.

ROBB
LCD Geek

beta software ... beta software

Post by ROBB »

I feel like the poor dolt in a Monty Python skit... :cry:

???[/quote]I have given you access to the beta software which includes an installation/upgrade manual

Okay, Ray, Thank you very much, that sounds great, but

PLEASE, Bare with me please, I know you have more Intelligent
people to help, but could you tell me where to find this beta software?? to download? Is there a link, on the Matrix Orbital main site, a certain page???[/size]
Attachments
help_me_154_181.jpg
help_me_154_181.jpg (46.28 KiB) Viewed 8790 times
Last edited by ROBB on Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:11 pm, edited 7 times in total.