Help! GX Typhoon might be broken!

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

ch1pm0nk
LCD?

Help! GX Typhoon might be broken!

Post by ch1pm0nk »

I just got my gx typhoon in the mail a few days ago, and when I first hooked it up, it was all fuzzy. I figured this was how it was supposed to look, so I didnt think about it much. Well after removing it from the faceplate and installing it in my new pc as a part of a mod, it is still looking the exact same.

There is a strip near the middle/bottom where the image will appear but is all smashed together and illegible. Is there any way to reset it? Is this fixable? Or am I screwed?

See attached picture for photo.
Attachments
lcdscreen2.jpg
lcdscreen2.jpg (99.39 KiB) Viewed 4720 times

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

That doesn't look to good. Is this right after you plug it in or have you displayed the noise to show the problem? When you plug the unit it, does it show up as a usb device? Does the GX Defaults utility work on the unit?

ch1pm0nk
LCD?

Post by ch1pm0nk »

Ray wrote:That doesn't look to good. Is this right after you plug it in or have you displayed the noise to show the problem? When you plug the unit it, does it show up as a usb device? Does the GX Defaults utility work on the unit?
This happens right after I plug it in, and it just stays that way. In the middle where the gap in the noise is, it will display a scrunched up picture but you can barely make it out. And yes the unit showed up as a usb device and i installed it with the driver core, as well as the infared reciever. The gx defaults utility works, but it will only display in that little middle gap (barely)

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

Looks like an RMA to me. I'll have the RMA department contact you monday.

ch1pm0nk
LCD?

Post by ch1pm0nk »

Ok cool. By the way, what exactly comes in the package, all I got was the lcd with the faceplate, some plastic stuffing, and a usb cable.. I thought it was a bit shady.. is there supposed to be a cd or anything with drivers or not?

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Ch1pm0nk,

From the images provided, and Ray's troubleshooting, it looks like you'll need an RMA to return that GX unit for repair. Please send me a PM with an email address where I can reach you, and I'll get the process started right away.

Thanks,
Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital