Problem - GX not detected by Windows

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

tom_tvotw
LCD?

Problem - GX not detected by Windows

Post by tom_tvotw »

I've tried this on two PC's one running Windows XP SP3 (32 bit) and one running Vista Home Premium SP1 (32 bit) - the Vista machine is where I want the LCD, the XP one was only tried after a total failure to install the drivers on the Vista machine.

When I connect my brand new GX (purchased from KustomPC's here in the UK) the LCD panel lights up with the GX logo - but that's all. Windows doesn't detect the new hardware, and it doesn't appear in Device Manager as either an "Unknown Device" or a Matrix Orbital display.

I tried installing the Driver Core 58 package after connecting, but this did not cause the device to appear on either machine. During the installation I saw the message "The device is not plugged in. Cannot update the driver"

The LCD Defaults configuration utility failed to detect the display.

What should I try next to troubleshoot this problem?

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your question, sorry to hear you've been having some trouble getting that new GX installed. Unfortunately, this is not a known issue, and it sounds like you have done just about everything we would recommend to troubleshoot the problem. As a result, I'll have to get you to return that unit so we can have a look at it, and make repairs if needed. Please send me a PM with an email address that I can send some information to regarding an RMA for the repair of this unit.

Thanks,
Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital