LCD Studio rarely see's GX

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

LarryC
LCD?

LCD Studio rarely see's GX

Post by LarryC »

I'm having a serious communication issue with LCDStudio running on 32bit Vista Home Premium! Tried your new DriverCore service, but it didn't help. Lcd Defaults config program works fine; able to load any image to GX. LcdInfo program works wonderfully. DiggViewer program connects perfectly. The MCE remote also works great and the LCDInfo program is even displaying WMC activity.

Here is where I see the issue appear:
Display Wizard in LcdStudio rarely shows list of displays from which to choose. When it does I can select the GX and I then see the Welcome message on the GX LCD screen. I then have good LCDStudio communication with GX and can create new design screens and playlists. At this point they all display OK on the GX. If I close the program and try LCDStudio again, a list of displays is no longer showing and LCDStudio no longer communicates with the GX. I can no longer run playlists to the GX or display any screen design from LCDStudio to the GX. I can however restart LCDInfo and it will run ok. A reboot does not change anything.
Complete uninstall / re-install of LCDStudio appears to be only way to re-establish communication with the GX.

-Larry

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

Weird sounds like something is corrupting your copy of settings.xml (save a copy of it after install, saves you the whole uninstall/install cycle) have you installed any other 3rd party plugins?

LarryC
LCD?

Post by LarryC »

I have not installed any 3rd party plugins.

In the last hour I have uninstalled and re-installed LCDStudio about 10 times. Have made copies of settings.xml and restored those copies when it stops working (even though they look the same to me) and it has not helped. After each install the 'Display Configuration Wizard' runs the first time LCDStudio is run and a choice of displays is listed. I select Matrix GX, comunication is established, and design screens and playlists display just fine. After I close LCDStudio and then re-run it, communication is lost. The wizard does not auto-run the second time so I start it with the 'Display Wizard' icon, BUT this time the Display Selection window shows NO display options to choose from! I then need to uninstall and re-install to get LCDStudio working again. The settings.xml file looks the same throughout.
License issue perhaps? License.xml resides in ap folder and is accepted and gets program working that first time after each re-install. Does no-go second time running hint at not seeing proper license?

-Larry

Ray wrote:Weird sounds like something is corrupting your copy of settings.xml (save a copy of it after install, saves you the whole uninstall/install cycle) have you installed any other 3rd party plugins?

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

Well by the sounds of it something on your system is making it clearly unhappy, lets turn on some logging and see what it is :)

Can you do a 'clean' install of LcdStudio but before you run it

Open LcdStudio.exe.config in Notepad and change these lines:

<add key="LogDetails" value="0" />
<add key="LogEvents" value="0" />

to the following

<add key="LogDetails" value="1" />
<add key="LogEvents" value="1" />

Then reproduce the errors and zip/rar the logs files created in your lcdstudio folder and email 'm to me. I'll leave you a PM with an email address you can use.

Fenners
LCD!

Post by Fenners »

I get exactly the same thing, I installed it last night, installed the software, it found the screen, designed and loaded my playlist, worked a treat. Tonight I load up pc, then all i get is a clock and the matrix GX screen, lcd studio only managed to see it once and ran my playlist once then defaulted back to the matrix orbital screen.

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

Running on 64Bit by any chance? Just in case i'll add you to the beta group so you can download newer versions that have all known issues fixed.

Fenners
LCD!

Post by Fenners »

no 32bit home premium. I cant understand it worked fine yesterday.

Fenners
LCD!

Post by Fenners »

thx anyway. :D

p5ymon
LCD!

Random display idle and auto back light switch off

Post by p5ymon »

Hi there.
Yeah I keep getting my display going idle - this seems to happen very regularly - sometimes it will go straight away, sometimes it may last an hour before going Display Idle.
Have to shut down LCD Studio (2.1.0.753) and restart it again to reconnect the display.
I'm using Windows XP 32 bit version and an Orbital GX.

Also any news on the automatic switching off of the backlight when the PC is powered off?

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

The backlight is fixed in the latest beta, the disconnecting i have to look into. I'll give you access to the beta forums so you'll have access to the latest versions.

p5ymon
LCD!

Post by p5ymon »

Thanks Ray, will check it out :)

Tofer2k
LCD?

Post by Tofer2k »

Could I get access to the beta drivers as well? I'm running XP 64 Bit and am seeing problems as described above, loosing communications with the display.

Thanks

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

Sure no problem!

missing2
LCD?

Post by missing2 »

I am having the same problem as the original poster.

I have the build 58 core driver and LcdStudio 2.1 Beta build 753

It does not seem to play nice with vista at all.

Worked well after install, and each time I fully remove and re-install the applications.

Once I reboot it no longer works as expected.

I really like the hardware but it looks like the software is not being well maintained.

ashiksorel
LCD?

Post by ashiksorel »

I am receiving the same problem as well.

I create designs for the screen but for some reason whenever i restart the computer. Ot just goes into demo mode not even remotely loading my playlist.

Here is the odd thing:

Once in a while it will actually load the design i create but the Backlight is turned off when it does show it.

May I get access to this BETA Firmware and software I seriously want this to work.