add in cards

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

thorilan
LCD!

add in cards

Post by thorilan »

could someone give me a little more info on these as i cant find anything on the website about how they will work.
specifically i have had a MX series display for years and i love the features and my goal is to get info like probe temps from the MX temp probes. . i also understand that there will be other features like fan controlling by PWM but better , in the works . basically i want to be able to control fans and pumps by PWM and possibly voltage for the pumps ( 8.5 -14 volts )
even just on off for voltage would be nice.

so more info on how the add on cards work ( especially with newer mobs and new pci slots)

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

The addin cards you connect to the back of the GX to the two GX expantion ports. While the Termperature probe board hasn't finalized completely yet, I can tell you it will atleast feature a bunch of the same connectors as on the MX so you can just (re)use the probes you have right now.

On the PWM/GPO board I sadly have no specifics at this point in time I can share with you.

thorilan
LCD!

Post by thorilan »

great thanks for the quick reply.
would you say that when the gpo board comes out it will have at least a enough connections to control 6 diferent things? i know the question is stretching it but im thinking you might know that based on how the tech will probably work.
the other thing i was wondering is how easy to use is the software for someone with windows experiance but no programming experiance