GX Typhoon

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

cybrmage
LCD?

Post by cybrmage »

EdwardN wrote:Currently I am either able to use my Windows XP Pro based media computer with the GX lcd OR the mce remote receiver. if I have just the GX connected, I can't use the remote, and if I have both connected, it causes some sort of conflict and the remote doesn't work either.
Until the firmware allows you to disable the IR receiver in the GX Typhoon, you can use the attached INF file (remove the ".txt" from the filename) to disable the IR hardware. I use the GX Typhoon display with a Microsoft MCE IR receiver without any issues...

To use the inf...
1) download the attachmet to a location that you can easily find it. Remove the ".txt" from the end of the filename.
2) attach the GX Typhoon to the computer. Remove the MCE receiver if it is attached
3) go to Device Manager (Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager)
4) remove the "ehome infrared receiver" device found under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers"
5) detach and then reattach the GX Typhoon.
6) when the "New Hardware Wizard" appears,
a) select "No, not this time" when it asks to connect to windows update then click "next"
b) Select "Don't search, I will select the driver to install" then click "next"
d) Click on "Have Disk", then click on "browse", and select the gx_lcd_IR_Disabled.inf file, then click "Open", then click "OK"
e) select the "Matrix Orbital GX Series IR Interface (Disabled)" driver entry, then click "next".
f) The driver will now be installed.... when it completes, click "Finish"

After the device is installed, you can attach a MCE receiver and install the eHome drivers for it... The GX Typhoon's IR hardware will not interfere with it.

Basically, this INf file marks the IR portion of the GX Typhoon as an unsupported device with no drivers attached to it.

Regards,
CybrMage
Attachments
gx_lcd_IR_Disabled.inf.txt
(2.53 KiB) Downloaded 339 times

Edlo
LCD Geek

Post by Edlo »

Thanks CybrMage

I Received my MCE remote today in exchange for the device sent with display and to my surprise it runs alongside the original equipment which is still listed in my hardware devices.

Have not found any operational problems so far (early days) if I do I will try your method, thanks very much for your input which I am sure will be of interest to other readers of this forum. :D

EdwardN
LCD!

Post by EdwardN »

cybrmage wrote:Until the firmware allows you to disable the IR receiver in the GX Typhoon, you can use the attached INF file (remove the ".txt" from the filename) to disable the IR hardware. I use the GX Typhoon display with a Microsoft MCE IR receiver without any issues...

Regards,
CybrMage
Wow. That's handy. Maybe one of the mods could make that part of a FAQ or sticky, because I spent quite a while searching for a solution in the forum before making my own post.

thanks!

Edlo
LCD Geek

New Firmware

Post by Edlo »

Hi Ray

What's the latest news on progress of the new firmware update :-?

Is progress good :lol: or should we expect a long delay :cry:

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

If you want I can add you to the beta test? send me a PM if you are interested.