No backlight with LCDStudio

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

Aloha
LCD Guru

No backlight with LCDStudio

Post by Aloha »

As I understand, LCDInfo a LCDStudio should be able to share the display without any problems. In my case, when LCDStudio takes over, the backlight disappears, but when LCDInfo takes over, the backlight reappears. I know the screen is there as I can see a faint reflected light picture in LCDStudio. I set the default backlight to green, but it doesn't keep that way. LCDInfo changes the backlight to white and LCDStudio changes the backlight to black. Anything I can do?

Dgephri
LCD Guru

Post by Dgephri »

I have seen the same thing.

I removed LCDinfo from my startup. Hopefully they get them working soon.

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

Ray is in the process of moving and it will take him a few days to get ready to go and start tackling these issues. But the good news LCD Studio and Drivercore is his full time work.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Aloha
LCD Guru

Post by Aloha »

I manually edited some LCDInfo xml files. Needless to say that without proper tools and documentation this is a very painfull process. So what is the advantage of LCDInfo over an MCE plugin for LCDStudio? And why do we need two programs running at same time? To demonstrate that two programs can access hardware through the Drivercore? Good for the demo, but not very practical. I hope Ray will write an MCE plugin and a backlight plugin (maybe including the management of the blue LED from the IR module).

Dgephri
LCD Guru

Post by Dgephri »

I know Ray has been running LCDstudio for some time, and often responded to user requests even when it was free. :)

And in my experience, Matrix Orbital has been very good working on customer requests in the past.

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

Dgephri wrote:I know Ray has been running LCDstudio for some time, and often responded to user requests even when it was free. :)

And in my experience, Matrix Orbital has been very good working on customer requests in the past.
Ray has joined the Matrix Orbital team as of today, his plane landed from Holland in Calgary last night and he is getting ready to start working ;)
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Dgephri
LCD Guru

Post by Dgephri »

(sarcasm) see? Not only is Ray going to work on it, but Henry uprooted him, his wife, and their 35 foster children, moved them all the way to Calgary, and is starving him until the work gets done!

FYI: I don't know if Ray is married, or has foster children, or eats...so ignore everything else and get that this is a joke on my part. :lol:

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

Dgephri wrote:(sarcasm) see? Not only is Ray going to work on it, but Henry uprooted him, his wife, and their 35 foster children, moved them all the way to Calgary, and is starving him until the work gets done!

FYI: I don't know if Ray is married, or has foster children, or eats...so ignore everything else and get that this is a joke on my part. :lol:
No children, no wife.. and he only eats ones per day, if that.. so he is ummm special.
Last edited by Henry on Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Aloha
LCD Guru

Post by Aloha »

Henry: could you tell us who wrote LCDInfo?

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

alentsa wrote:Henry: could you tell us who wrote LCDInfo?
Ray as well. Right now we are building 2 MCE systems, one XP and one Vista to test with.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital