Fixes Master Thread?

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

Dgephri
LCD Guru

Fixes Master Thread?

Post by Dgephri »

Henry, could we get a collection going of 'Known' and 'high priority' related issues and fixes that MO is already working on?

I would say the IR/MCE issue that alentsa was asking about would be near the top of my interest list as I intend to install Vista Premium and use the MCE features, but in XP Pro (non MCE, but using HIP library) I get zero response from the IR except the flashing blue reception light.

Second I think the "display is idle" message and restarting the Display Wizard in LCDStudio is priority to me. I checked all my powersaving settings, turned all USB onboard hubs and drivers to disable power control, and I still have to restart the Display Wizard and reload the Playlist several times over the past 3-5 days. Not crippling, but I have used LCDStudio on my G-15, so I think it has something to do with the interaction between the GX and the Application, or the GX itself, rather then solely LCDStudio.

Third, I am interested in the progress on dynamic color control like in the DriverCore Test Visualization in Winamp. If that can be implemented in LCDStudio, it should be tied to data items in color scrolling, or picking a group of color to scroll instead of the whole rainbow (like, red/blue only, or Green/Blue only, etc.).

Lastly, I eagerly await the fan/light/GPO add-on, and will be watching closely for it's developement/arrival, etc.

For those of us "early adopters" :) I think if we just knew what is at the top of MO's worklist, it would put our minds at ease.

I have a LAN showing for 500 people at the end of August, and having some sense of what I can expect to display to the viewers would be immensely comforting. ;)

Aloha
LCD Guru

Post by Aloha »

I have found a temporary workaround for the IR problem - I just disabled the GX receiver and use my Microsoft receiver. I still didn't get a confirmation from MO if my IR problem is hardware or software.

For me fixing XP MCE problem would be the top priority. I purchased GX to replace my working alfanumerical display C**********z CFA-635. Without this fix my new GX display is a useless toy and it will be sitting in a box until somebody writes a working plugin for LCDStudio or at least fixes the lcdinfo.

It looks like there are two MO engineers active on the GX forum: Ray and Henry. In order to address the issues properly, I would also like to know who is who in this project? 1. Who designed the display hardware? 2. Who is designing the V2 IR and the thermal control add-on boards? 3. Who wrote the firmware? 4. Who wrote the drivers? 5. Who wrote lcdinfo? 6. Who writes plugins for LCDStudio?

Thank you.
Last edited by Aloha on Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

I'm actually called ray but hey thats just details.

Henry and me are are currently doing support on the GX series since we have the best general knowledge of the product, who is doing what in MO is not that important for you since all support should go though the support channels, if all customers would go and contact our engineers outside the support channels they'd hardly get any work done anymore.

About the IR problems, IR is only supported on Vista this was known by our engineers but due some miscommunication was not mentioned on the website until recently.

This limitation is not one set by us but by microsoft they opened up the IR stack in vista so 3rd parties could intergrate their devices with windows but did not port those changes back to mce 2005. (mce 2005 is pretty much dead to them) we our selves had mixed results by just forcing the ms driver on mce 2005 some systems it works wonderfully other systems just refuse to work flat out. Thats why the IR interface is only supported on vista.

There is a firmware in the works that allow you to disable the IR interface all together but I cannot give you an estimate when this will be available for the public.

If you felt somehow mislead this information was not available when you bought the unit we offer you the possibility of sending the unit back and getting a full refund.

About the LcdInfo MCE Screens, we have run some tests on cleanly installed Vista and Mce2005 boxes (thats why it took a little while to get back at you) and both ran without any problems. For mce 2005 we did upgrade to the latest rollup package available though (Mce 2005 rollup 2) so if you haven't done already upgrade to that and see if it improves things.

Aloha
LCD Guru

Post by Aloha »

As I said, I just disabled the IR drivers (the simplest thing is just to uninstall the eHome Infrared Receiver in the Device Manager and do not install the new one when prompted afterwards). Only install the GX display and it will be working with your original Microsoft receiver. So this problem is resolved. I guess we will never see the IR part of GX working with XP since Microsoft keeps the door closed, but I think you guys could enable us access to the blue LED to show, for example, recording status. Will that be possible?

But there XP MCE portion is open for development by Microsoft and it should work. It looks like you were unable to reproduce the problem on your PC. Is there a way to troubleshoot my problem with lcdinfo? What else can I try?

Could you ask the person who wrote lcdinfo, how difficult would that be to write the MCE plugin for LCDStudio?
Last edited by Aloha on Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

The lcdinfo application uses a component from the MCE SDK to provide events from MCE, the problem with your system is it's not firing events (thats why you are stuck on the matrix orbital logo) any plugin written for LcdStudio would use the same component so would also not function.

The only reference to a non functioning component we have found sofar is a knowledgebase article that states events indeed will not fire from a remote desktop or Extender session, are you using any of that?

Aloha
LCD Guru

Post by Aloha »

No, I am not using a remote desktop or Extender. I was using MCIS by Axcis http://www.axcis.com.au/shop/index.php? ... ispro.php., but I uninstalled it for now. And I also have all the latest patches and updates installed.

It would still be nice to have the LCDStudio plugin as LCDStudio should be more flexible.