GX IR questions

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

Dgephri wrote:I noticed the same thing, and although I haven't separated the PCBs from the mounting tray yet, I imagine it's some sort of protective mask around the IR port/mount.

This unit is attached to the faceplate alot better than the previous generation of MX units (just four bolts on the old ones IIRC).

Let me see what I can do in the next couple days to highlight what that is.
For some strange reason the factory decided to put the adhesive on both sides of the window, so the display is glued to the bracket... and it's 3M stuff so not easy to get off. The next batch of inserts will not have it. The bay insert is made to support addon cards as well as other things like a 3.5" drivebay... if all goes well.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Aloha
LCD Guru

Post by Aloha »

This is what I thought. But you still offer optional internal cable where polarity could be reversed. You should realize that to save a few dollars many people prefer to make their own internal cable or adapter. And those who can make such an adapter are less likely to reverse the polarity. My point is: fine, make the extrenal cable a default, or make the unit even cheaper and sell the cables separately, but give us the internal 4-pin USB header. This will make our job a little bit easier.