No MCE and IR Plugin??

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

Aloha
LCD Guru

Post by Aloha »

Ray: Based on my description, is my unit defective? Should I return it, or you can come up with some test procedures?

Another question for Ray: when I run LcdInfo.exe ( my version is 1.0.0.58 ), it only cycles through the sequence of Matrix Orbital logo, time and CPU info. It never shows any MCE related information, no matter what I do in MCE shell. What is wrong?

Dgephri: I think you still should be able to use your infrared Microsoft remote control, even if you do not use the MCE shell. Most remote control keys should work as if you used a keyboard (arrows, numbers, enter, etc). The rest depends on your particular application. Could you do me a favor and check, for example, in notepad, if you see the appropriate numbers on the screen when you hit the number keys on your remote control. It means your remote control is working with your GX receiver.
Last edited by Aloha on Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dgephri
LCD Guru

Post by Dgephri »

I get nothing in notepad but the blue "reception" LED on the GX lights up.

Could just be lack of any interface since I am not running and IR programs or MCE shell.

I will experiment some more, and see what I can figure out. I will have Vista64 Ultimate on my finished PC so MCE should be no problem then.

For now, settup up screenies and animation is enough!

Dgephri
LCD Guru

Post by Dgephri »

tried this:
http://www.byremote.com.au/Hip/mce_remote_faq.htm

which should have given me IR input even with just plain XP, but it doen't detect any IR input when setting up.

Wondering if the V3 issue is the problem? We don't comply until it's set up to be a V2?

Aloha
LCD Guru

Post by Aloha »

According to Ray, the difference between V2 and V3 is presence of IR blaster in V2. As I understand, your V3 GX receiver is not working properly (same as mine).

Ray: could you explain what is happening with IR control and MCE shell display functionality?

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

We are still looking into your issues when we have more information I'll share it with you guys.

Aloha
LCD Guru

Post by Aloha »

Ray: For now I only need to confirm if this is a HARDWARE or SOFTWARE problem. In the first case I will return my GX, in the second case I will wait until you come up with software updates.