Update!!!

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Update!!!

Post by Henry »

Just to let you all know, the PC Bay inserts have arrived and we are doing some final Firmware changes and expect everything to ship tomorrow or day after!!!
Attachments
Stolen from the LCDStudio forums ;)
Stolen from the LCDStudio forums ;)
GX_SAL9000_04.JPG (58.87 KiB) Viewed 12814 times
GX under MCE
GX under MCE
GX_SAL9000_03.JPG (55.18 KiB) Viewed 12815 times
GX_SAL9000_02.JPG
GX_SAL9000_02.JPG (57.92 KiB) Viewed 12818 times
GX Typhoon and SAL-9000
GX Typhoon and SAL-9000
GX_SAL9000_01.JPG (61.87 KiB) Viewed 12819 times
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

invalidbuffalo
LCD!

Post by invalidbuffalo »

PICS!!! :w00t: Hooray!! That looks very sexy.

Thanks for the update, Henry! :)

I can't wait to get mine...

Aractor
LCD?

Post by Aractor »

Sweet, looks great!
So nice to see the development coming along 8)
And with the clicking, came the ticking, of the page that was no more.
Quoth the server, 404

Dgephri
LCD Guru

Post by Dgephri »

is this any different than the PreOrder bay inserts?

Edit: Durr, didn't check the dates.

Aloha
LCD Guru

Post by Aloha »

No wonder, we all want more news in this "Update!!!" thread! :D

danxmanly
LCD?

non updates..

Post by danxmanly »

alentsa wrote:No wonder, we all want more news in this "Update!!!" thread! :D
Yes, a couple of time lines have gone by with no updates...

Larger Typhoon - where is it?
Std Typhoon with no IR port - where is it?

They don't seem to keep the website quite up to date which kind of makes me concerned about purchasing something. I'm still about a month away before I'll need to purchase a display... perhaps we'll have an update by then? :-?

Aloha
LCD Guru

Post by Aloha »

Larger Typhoon is probably unavailable yet. As for GX witn no IR port - you don't really need it because IR port can be easily disabled in Device Manager - verified for XP and Vista. But what I would really like to see is a working Media Center plugin for LCDStudio.

danxmanly
LCD?

updates..

Post by danxmanly »

Wasn't too worried about the IR port interface causing conflicts, just don't need it at all so it ends up just taking space and making the display "off center" for my use.

I still have another month to wait before I'll need it, so hopefully we'll see those pesky updates by then. I'm really hoping they come through as of all the other display mfr's I've looked at, this GX looks the best. :lol:

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

It is being worked on, currently we aim for a Q4'07 Release. The 240x128 model will not come with a PC bay
All Typhoons will come with an IR port, there is a firmware+software update planned that allows you to disable it on te GX side so windows will not detect it.

Aloha
LCD Guru

Post by Aloha »

My old C**********z display was made as a small bracket, allowing me to mount an extra hard drive in same bay. The standard GX insert takes the whole bay. It has a few extra threaded mounting holes, but I can't use them for anything (they don't seem to fit a standard 3.5" drive), so the entire bay is taken by the display. I would suggest to change your design and let us use the bay space more economically.

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

Nice idea, but no, the 5.25" bay has been designed to hold up to 4 addon boards (yet to be released) so placing a HD in there would leave us no space to put those.

Aloha
LCD Guru

Post by Aloha »

True, but if you guys add only 4 more non-threaded holes on the bottom of the cage (won't cost a lot), this will give a hard drive mouning option for those who don't need any add-on boards.

danxmanly
LCD?

Post by danxmanly »

Ray wrote:
It is being worked on, currently we aim for a Q4'07 Release. The 240x128 model will not come with a PC bay
All Typhoons will come with an IR port, there is a firmware+software update planned that allows you to disable it on te GX side so windows will not detect it.
I'm ok with the larger display having no PC Bay... was planning on mounting it on the "front door" on my chassis. May wait for that, but just depends on if Q4 means Oct... or Dec. <:)

May go with smaller one.. saw a reply from Henry regarding the I/O port that made me question when it was going to be released.

Originally posted by creepyarcade
I have 2 questions:

1. Will this unit be available without the IR control on the faceplate? I would like to attach the IR Receiver someplace else instead.

Yes, but not for a few weeks.

But what you say may contradict that?? Or will the space always be taken up by the panel, but maybe a removable IR receiver made available?

Thanx!

danxmanly
LCD?

GX

Post by danxmanly »

Ray wrote:
I'm ok with the larger display having no PC Bay... was planning on mounting it on the "front door" on my chassis. May wait for that, but just depends on if Q4 means Oct... or Dec. <:)

May go with smaller one.. saw a reply from Henry regarding the I/O port that made me question when it was going to be released.

I have 2 questions:

1. Will this unit be available without the IR control on the faceplate? I would like to attach the IR Receiver someplace else instead.

But what you say may contradict that?? Or will the space always be taken up by the panel, but maybe a removable IR receiver made available?

Thanx!

danxmanly
LCD?

GX

Post by danxmanly »

Ray wrote:

I have 2 questions:

Thanx!