Update!!!

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

danxmanly
LCD?

ummm...

Post by danxmanly »

Ok, wasn't posting so many times to get my point across... website said error in posting. So, mods feel free to delete those extras.

Thanks

Aloha
LCD Guru

Post by Aloha »

danxmanly: most of time you see the delete button next to your latest posting, so you should be able to delete unless it's too late.

I also noticed a few problems with this web site. First, you login and you don't see the blue icons for the forums with new posts, even the last post date is correct. Then when you hit New Topic Post Reply button it takes you to the front forum page with blue icons this time, but not into post reply page. Next you get to your thread and hit New Topic Post Reply button again, and you are able to add your post, but when you click Submit, you get an error message: Ran into problems sending Mail. Response: 550 User unknown. DEBUG MODE Line : 165 File : smtp.php, but the post is actually posted. Something is wrong and I hope you guys could fix it.

Another thing is I always wondered why you people need three different web sites which relate to three domain names: matrixorbital.com, matrixorbital.ca, lcdforums.com. It is VERY confusing and inconvenient. It would be much better to consolidate all the content into one web site, just different web pages for different content, and if you want to keep three different domain names, it's fine, just make them mirrors withe SAME content.

cipher_nemo
LCD Geek

Post by cipher_nemo »

Ray wrote:Nice idea, but no, the 5.25" bay has been designed to hold up to 4 addon boards (yet to be released) so placing a HD in there would leave us no space to put those.
alentsa wrote:My old C**********z display was made as a small bracket, allowing me to mount an extra hard drive in same bay. The standard GX insert takes the whole bay. It has a few extra threaded mounting holes, but I can't use them for anything (they don't seem to fit a standard 3.5" drive), so the entire bay is taken by the display. I would suggest to change your design and let us use the bay space more economically.
I am glad MO ships it with a full-size 5.25" bay so people like me can mount it on rails without having to mod something to hold it. I'm doing a mod right now, and reserved a 5.25" bay for the GX I just ordered. The case I'm using as the starting point is a Thermaltake Matrix VX, which uses rails.

To alentsa, you can mod the LCD's bay to hold an extra HDD without too much trouble: just hack off the metal beyond the first screw holes. It's much more difficult for one to mod it to be longer than it is to mod it to be shorter. ;)

braineater
LCD Geek

Post by braineater »

Any Pics of the the controller card ?

:D

Also , where do I sign up to buy one ?

UNOPARATOR
LCD?

Post by UNOPARATOR »

Ray wrote:
Larger Typhoon - where is it?
It is being worked on, currently we aim for a Q4'07 Release. The 240x128 model will not come with a PC bay
Hi Ray,

I would want to see a 2x5.25" PC bay for one... I'm planning to put it on a SFF case.