Just a Quick Question, and need an opinion

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

Cpt.Carnage
LCD?

Just a Quick Question, and need an opinion

Post by Cpt.Carnage »

Any idea when the 240X128 Typhoon will be coming out?

Also if I am going to order the GX Typhoon which one should i get? Just picked up a case from thermal take, lots of blue LED's should I match them with the inverse blue display or go for the tri color model?

Thanks

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

A version 240x128 is coming out in 6 weeks... there will not be a PC Bay insert for it, but you will be able to mount it in a 2x 5.25" drive bays.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Cpt.Carnage
LCD?

Post by Cpt.Carnage »

Any idea on a price for it and its dimensions?

How would I go about mounting it properly? Would my best bet be getting the 2 5 1/2 bay mounting bracket and modifing it?

danxmanly
LCD?

Post by danxmanly »

Henry wrote:A version 240x128 is coming out in 6 weeks... there will not be a PC Bay insert for it, but you will be able to mount it in a 2x 5.25" drive bays.
Any updates on the availability of the larger Typhoon? I'm in the early stages of a new build but would like to include this if at as possible within the next month. I "assume" the lcd studio software will program it?

Thanks!

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

LCD Studio runs fine on the GX240128, we are sending off for the final prototypes this week.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

Cpt.Carnage wrote:Any idea on a price for it and its dimensions?

How would I go about mounting it properly? Would my best bet be getting the 2 5 1/2 bay mounting bracket and modifing it?
No, the 240x128 will not fit any bracket we currently have. The first release of the GX240x128 will be the same size as the GLK240128-25.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital