Other GX Typhoon Options?

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

creepyarcade
LCD?

Other GX Typhoon Options?

Post by creepyarcade »

I have 2 questions:

1. Will this unit be available without the IR control on the faceplate? I would like to attach the IR Receiver someplace else instead.

2. Must I use the remote control supplied with the MCE version, or can I use another remote to control the unit? If I can use another type of remote, how will I know if it is compatible, if it says it is made for Windows Media Center?

Thanks...

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Re: Other GX Typhoon Options?

Post by Henry »

Hello,
creepyarcade wrote:I have 2 questions:

1. Will this unit be available without the IR control on the faceplate? I would like to attach the IR Receiver someplace else instead.
Yes, but not for a few weeks.
2. Must I use the remote control supplied with the MCE version, or can I use another remote to control the unit? If I can use another type of remote, how will I know if it is compatible, if it says it is made for Windows Media Center?

Thanks...
It has to be a MCE remote, in the near future we will be releasing a module that should be able to use any remote.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

creepyarcade
LCD?

Post by creepyarcade »

Oh that's good news, I hope the wait isn't too long :D

medwardl
LCD!

Post by medwardl »

i see that the mce version is for vista and comes with the remote, i was wondering if it is compatible with xp, because i think very pooryly of vista to put it mildly and i would realy like to be able to use the remote.

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

medwardl wrote:i see that the mce version is for vista and comes with the remote, i was wondering if it is compatible with xp, because i think very pooryly of vista to put it mildly and i would realy like to be able to use the remote.
Personally I hate Vista MCE... hate it hate it hate it and I hope a crate of Vista DVD's falls on Bill Gates house from 20 thousand feet. The success rate on XP is a hit and miss, Ray said he installed a XP MCE copy with all the updates and it works fine for him, but there is no guaranty.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Aloha
LCD Guru

Post by Aloha »

I am so glad to hear this! I was under impression that you guys love Vista MCE and hate XP MCE which would explain why you guys support IR and MCE in Vista only. I have spent a lot of time already trying to run your software on my XP MCE with absolutely no luck with LCDInfo. I tried to reinstall the MO software, different USB ports, tried Microsoft MCE diagnistic software, tried to look into registry settings, event viewer, nothing so far! Not firing MCE events, but why??? It would be nice to have some diagnistic tools and procedures from MO to help to troubleshoot the problem.

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

alentsa wrote:I am so glad to hear this! I was under impression that you guys love Vista MCE and hate XP MCE which would explain why you guys support IR and MCE in Vista only. I have spent a lot of time already trying to run your software on my XP MCE with absolutely no luck with LCDInfo. I tried to reinstall the MO software, different USB ports, tried Microsoft MCE diagnistic software, tried to look into registry settings, event viewer, nothing so far! Not firing MCE events, but why??? It would be nice to have some diagnistic tools and procedures from MO to help to troubleshoot the problem.
I'm having the same problem where MCE is not firing events at home... Ray is looking into it, but he is busy as he is moving to Canada right now.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Aloha
LCD Guru

Post by Aloha »

Is he the person who wrote LCDStudio?

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

alentsa wrote:Is he the person who wrote LCDStudio?
Yes...
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Aloha
LCD Guru

Post by Aloha »

YES!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D