Battery LCD module

Support for MOC/MOS/MOI/MOU/X-Board/MOP

Moderator: Mods

DJY
LCD?

Battery LCD module

Post by DJY »

I am looking to find a simple LCD module that is powered off a battery. All it needs to do is display a 10 digit number and be able to be updated by USB or RS232. Do you make such a product or know where I can find one?

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi DJY,

My apologies for the delay in response, I have a few ideas here for you regarding a simple battery powered display.

First, you'll probably want to go for a smaller LCD type display, we've got a few at two rows by eight columns, but I see you'd like 10 digits, so I'd recommend something in a two by sixteen.

Next, you will probably be power considerations. For input power, we offer 5V dc standard, as well as a few special units with low voltage (3.3V) or wide voltage (9-15V). If possible, I'd recommend staying with the standard 5V to avoid regulators. The 3.3V is also native to a couple new screens, however, they are a little larger than your spec of 10 digits.

So, I'd recommend looking at the LK162-12 for something in the right size, with all the features desired. If you want to go slightly smaller in form factor and a little more basic, the MOS-AL162F is a nice choice. And, finally, you can check out the GLK19264-7T-1U for something with a 3.3V input option and many more features.

If you have any questions regarding these displays or any of our products, please don't hesitate to post.

Thanks,
~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital