MOS-AL202C not working at all

Support for MOC/MOS/MOI/MOU/X-Board/MOP

Moderator: Mods

eger
LCD?

MOS-AL202C not working at all

Post by eger »

Not sure what's going on. Just got my MOS-AL202C-WB and can't get it to work at all. Only thing that works is backlight on and off. Won't display characters and bar graph demo just displays random blocks and characters.

Any ideas? I've tried both RS232 19200, 9600. Also tried TTL settings on my Basic Stamp which I wasn't able to do any commands at all.

=\

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

Hi edger,

Thanks for posting... if the backlight on and off command works it seems like the display should work fine, can you send text to the display? Also, can you display medium digits?

try this example...

http://www.matrixorbital.ca/appnotes/ba ... its_serial

Try it and let us know the result...
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

eger
LCD?

Post by eger »

Tried those. Medium digits and normal text displays nothing. The only commands that get a response is backlight on/off and the bar graph demo from the uProject application. The bar graph demo just starts displaying lots of random characters on the screen.

Not sure what else I can try. I also have a GLK12232 graphic LCD and it works fine with the same rs232 cable and usb power plug and displays text and everything else fine.

Any ideas? Are there any jumpers for resetting memory or settings to default maybe?

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

What are you using to communicate with the unit?