X-Board U-Series question

Support for MOC/MOS/MOI/MOU/X-Board/MOP

Moderator: Mods

SubaruWRX
LCD?

X-Board U-Series question

Post by SubaruWRX »

I have this NewHaven OLED NHD-0220DZW-AY5-ND I was wondering if or how is it possible to interface the display with this board? And what software works with it?

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Re: X-Board U-Series question

Post by Clark »

Hi SubaruWRX

You're in luck, it appears New Haven uses an OLED that is very similar to one with which we've been working for some time. As a result, I can confirm that the X-Board U-Series board will work with your display. You can find the configuration (Hardware) manual and command (Economy Series) manuals here.

[thumbnail=center]http://www.matrixorbital.ca/manuals/X-B ... /OLED_20x2[/thumbnail]

Please note that this OLED display is not configured for variable brightness/contrast, so if you are able, I would recommend removing the resistors labelled 'BL' and 'C' on the X-Board to disconnect these outputs to the display.

[thumbnail=center]http://www.matrixorbital.ca/manuals/X-B ... LED_Config[/thumbnail]

Finally, the default font, European/Japanese will be used, and other than that, the unit will behave as a normal USB display. You might use our uProject software to initially communicate to the unit, and perhaps browse our AppNote section for your own code ideas.

Cheers,
Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

SubaruWRX
LCD?

Post by SubaruWRX »

Ok I did the above changes I also clipped the pins to 3, 15 & 16 with also removing those two resistors...

Now I have a question while I did not put any jumpers on yet I plugged in the USB and all it says is MO Xboard I can't find the display on the uProject software.. is that because of the jumpers not in yet?

Ok I got it so it says Display reset set type.. I assume I should be using PLED?

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi SubaruWRX,

Yes, the type for your display will be PLED, the other (column/row) options should be more straight forward.

Unfortunately, uProject will not be able to Autodetect USB units, however, you can set the Comport and Baudrate manually.

If you have any further trouble, please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

SubaruWRX
LCD?

Post by SubaruWRX »

Ok I got that part working, however one thing I noticed, in the Uproject where you can type in what you want and have it displayed does that overwrite the default MO Xboard message?

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Good to hear your X-board is up and running. If you hit the Load Startup Screen button in uProject, a window will open to allow you to enter a new default message. Once you hit OK, your new message will overwrite the standard MO Xboard start screen.

Cheers,
Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital