Software FAQ!!!

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Software FAQ!!!

Post by Henry »

Q. What software do you recomend for my display?

A. LCDC is by far the best and popular software with the largest plugins and most support. LCDC is specificaly made for our displays and takes full advantage of all the features. LCD Smartie is another good choice

Q. Where can I get more information about LCDC?

A. There is a number of places, you can look at some of the reviews of our products which generaly feature LCDC. This thread will show you allot of the features of LCDC. As well, you can visit the LCDC website and forums.

Q. How do I change the speed, contrast or brightness of my display?

A. First make sure your display can save these settings, then go to the download section of the main website and download the proper utility for you.

Q. How do I change the startup screen of my display?

A. First make sure your display can do this (for graphic LCD's just upload the bitmap to spot #1), the go to the download section of the main website and download the Change Screen program.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

tekguru
LCD?

Re: Software FAQ!!!

Post by tekguru »

Henry wrote: A. First make sure your display can do this (for graphic LCD's just upload the bitmap to spot #1), the go to the download section of the main website and download the Change Screen program.
Question, the download area referenced http://www.matrixorbital.com/downloads.htm does not appear to be a valid page, where is it actually located?
Daron Brewood

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Here is the link for the downloads. :D

http://www.matrixorbital.com/pages/downloads.asp

tekguru
LCD?

Post by tekguru »

Tom wrote:Here is the link for the downloads. :D

http://www.matrixorbital.com/pages/downloads.asp
Cheers Tom, the only problem is I get a file not found error when trying to go to it....
Daron Brewood

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

I have went to the site myself, it should work.

tekguru
LCD?

Post by tekguru »

Weird it worked today, cheers for checking!
Daron Brewood

Ashman
LCD?

startup screen changer

Post by Ashman »

I don't see the startup screen changer executable anywhere on the download page. Is it not available anymore for some reason, or am I just blind?

WheresWaldo
LCD?

Post by WheresWaldo »

Why is it that none of the software for MO displays is available for download. I have misplaced my CD and need to get the serial driver reloaded. None of these links work. :( :( :(

WheresWaldo
LCD?

Post by WheresWaldo »

Okay, I downloaded 1.4 and had to completely remove the serial driver then install it twice to get it to work. Even though the driver is listed in a forum message, that is no excuse for not having a working download page.

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

Sorry about the inconvenience, we are currently working towards updating and improving our downloads section. :)
Miles Y.
Head of Technical Support
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital

Derelique
LCD?

Software to use? MO VFD2041

Post by Derelique »

g'day guys, just wondering too, I recently purchase a vfd2041 display here "down-under" and I need help setting it up to display all kinds of stuff. I tried lcdcenter v2.0 but all got is "crap" (pardon the french) it just kept on scrolling with letters and symbols. In short I just can't get it to work properly. It would be nice if it works... :-? Waht software can I use to recognise it or even run it? HELP!!! :(
any opinions express by myself is entirely my own and it doesn't mean everyone has to agree with it.

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Hi Derelique,

Thank you for posting.

What baud rate have you set the VFD2041? What baud rate are you communicating with the unit at?

You would be able to test out the unit with a piece of software called uproject. It will be in the ecd that came with you display. If you cannot find it, email me at tlam@matrixorbital.ca, and I will send you a copy.

Best Regards,

Derelique
LCD?

Post by Derelique »

G'day Tom,
Thanks for the reply, I got it set to 19200bps on com1. :D It's working properly now but I had to use a different software to run it. :P I used lcd smartie which I manage to find. I'm having trouble using th lcdcenter software that came with the display. I'm also having trouble with the diagnostic tools that came with it and the latter is a bit complicated to use with plugins. LCD smartie is much easier only there's a limited plugins. Any suggestions where I can find more plugins? Thanks, mate!

All the best!!!

PS: can u send me that "uproject" anyway, thanks. :)
any opinions express by myself is entirely my own and it doesn't mean everyone has to agree with it.

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Derelique,

Another software program you can use, which has lots of plugins is LCDC. You can find LCDC at http://www.lcdc.cc/downloads.htm .

Please email me at tlam@matrixorbital.ca, and I will send you uproject.

Best Regards,

Derelique
LCD?

Post by Derelique »

Thanks again, only problem with LCDC now is having to pay for it. :) I knew before that it actually come with MO on a CD. I tried to download the software but it's time limited and it doesn't seem to detect my display only the MX series I think? :-? Like I said, LCD smartie seems to be the only one that is working for me right now, I had problems with " dlportio.dll" missing but I manage to fix that but lcd centre and lcdc won't work still. "Anyone there got a registered version of LCDC that I can use?" :wink:

Thanks y'all!!!

"D" :jawdrop: