MUSICMATCH AND VFD DISPLAY?

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

S1DIMMER
LCD?

MUSICMATCH AND VFD DISPLAY?

Post by S1DIMMER »

Is there currently any software that will display information from Musicmatch software to my stuck in customs VFD display?
Henry as a side note you guys at Matrix Orbital were great and shipped out my order the same day, too bad the US customs office seems to be slowing down my delivery. At least that is what the UPS website is saying. In the meantime I'm trying to find software that will work with Musicmatch since I personally do not like Winamp. Thanks

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

Nothing I know does music mach right now... sorry :(
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

S1DIMMER
LCD?

Post by S1DIMMER »

Thanks Henry. I wonder why everyone seems to use winamp instead of musicmatch. Musicmatch is so easy to use. I guess winamp is free, that could be the reason.

Just an update on my VFD shipment. It's out for delivery, I guess the customs issue was resolved.

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

Free is probably a good reason, I'll keep an eye out for a developer...
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Stig
LCD Geek

Post by Stig »

I guess one of the other reasons are that the SDK is (I think) freely available, while there isn't any for MusicMatch... I also prefer MM, but without LCDC-support... :(

I sent a mail to MusicMatch a while ago asking if they were planning to release a SDK (or if they would write a plugin for LCDC :)), but the only answer I got was the usual "We're glad you asked this and will send it further up the chain (but don't expect anything to happen...)". I've seen one of the guys from MM on the Empeg-forum, and I was thinking maybe ask him if they would consider releasing a SDK. I think that would make MM more popular.

Stig

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

Makes you wonder why a compnay would not rlease a SDK, you would think they wold do anything to help their product be more popular... <shrug>
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

DickNervous
LCD?

Post by DickNervous »

Yeah, this really annoys me since I have been using MMJB since it came out and like it much better then WinAmp, but there are no plug-ins to make it work with other programs like LCDC or mIRC.
Check out the best HW/OC/PC Mod site on the web... GruntvillE
and my case Gallery BlackDeath

Pheonix
LCD Guru

Post by Pheonix »

Henry wrote:Makes you wonder why a compnay would not rlease a SDK, you would think they wold do anything to help their product be more popular... <shrug>
because they charge for it...

Hence no SDK

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

I dont know about that.. if you have a SDK then your software has a better chance of being used and being developed for.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Pheonix
LCD Guru

Post by Pheonix »

they may not see it like that

They may see it as giving people the oppourtunity to charge for plugins which work with their program