Need guidance on scripting using bitmaps & animations

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

Theranyx
LCD?

Need guidance on scripting using bitmaps & animations

Post by Theranyx »

Hello!
I recently picked up a GLK12232A, but I am having some problems. Before I begin, I'd like to stress that programming is not one of my strengths, so I chose to go down the scripting route with software to hopefully achieve what I am trying to do.

I was hoping to use the scripting functionality that I read is built into MOGD# as per the manual, but that functionality appears to be missing in the current version(?) Instead, I have downloaded MOCD# and that seems to be fully featured and able to do what I want to achieve.

My intention is to create a script that loads a bitmap that has an area for an animation that I wish to run at startup/power on. The bitmap should be the background and the animation in the foreground. Once the bitmap and animation are loaded it should run the animation routine until the module recieves commands through RS232 and clears the screen.

So far, I have uploaded the bitmap and the animaton that I wish to use. However, here is where the issue lies. I am unable to get the script to auto execute (presuming this is possible) and I cannot set the top left coodinates of the animation which is supposed to be at x64, y28. (It is just a moving bar as the purpose of the animation is to show that a system is starting up as I cannot recieve any data through rs232 until the system boots or times out, in which case it will print data to the screen).

When I load upload the script to the display module and run it manually, the bitmap is displayed but pushed over approx 20px and down by 1px which results in a jumbled mess. This happens regardless if I try to load in an animation or not. I may be going about this entirely the wrong way, but since this is my first foray into the world of LCD displays I hope that you can forgive my mistakes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much for your time.
Kind regards,
Alyx

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Re: Need guidance on scripting using bitmaps & animations

Post by Raquel »

Hello Alyx,

Thank you for posting on the forum.

Unfortunately, upload commands cannot be done using scripts.
You will need to make sure you upload the bitmap and animation files separately prior to calling them.
But you may use the commands Draw Bitmap From Memory 254 98 and Display Animation 254 193 using scripts.

You should be able to test out your scripts in MOCD by pressing the green play button.
Try sending simple commands like: Clear Screen (under Text) and Draw a Rectangle (under Drawing) and watch your script run.
Once you have your simple commands are running, save your script as a bin file.
You may then use the saved script bin file by first uploading this script file in Upload tab.
If you set the ID as 0 when you upload your script bin file, it will be run automatically by the display upon power up.

Can I please get the serial number on your GLK12232A? I would like to check the firmware version.

Thank you,
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital