Boot screen with company logo?

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

mascenzi
LCD?

Boot screen with company logo?

Post by mascenzi »

Yep me again.

So I have a question regarding attempting to place my company logo on the screen.
PSI Logo.PNG
PSI Logo.PNG (46.67 KiB) Viewed 8192 times
Its a simple logo and I would like to place it on the screen as the first boot screen.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But I couldn't do this, as the commands require me to send all 80 Characters to the boot screen in one send, and I only have access to a single bank of custom characters, 8, at a time. For me to do this. I have to shrink this down so that the logo is built within a max of 8 spaces correct?

Or is there a way to do this with the above pattern?

Daniel Divino
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Re: Boot screen with company logo?

Post by Daniel Divino »

Hi Mascenzi,

There are only 8 custom characters available on the OK204.

You could try to find a way to use the same custom characters for different parts of your Logo eg. you could modify some of the custom characters used in the 'I' so that they can be reused in the 'P'. That would reduce the amount of custom characters you'd need to store. I'm sure you could reproduce your company logo with only 8 custom characters, though it may not end up looking like exactly what you rendered, and it might take a little bit to get everything tweaked properly.

There is also the option of using one of our graphic displays. Our graphic displays can be controlled in a similar manner to our character displays, and are also capable of displaying large images and logos.

Cheers,
Daniel
Daniel Divino
Technical Support
Matrix Orbital

mascenzi
LCD?

Post by mascenzi »

I was afraid that was the answer. I'm going to shrink it down to stay within 8 cells. So I would be able to just do those 8 custom characters.

As always, thank you for your time Daniel.

Daniel Divino
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Daniel Divino »

No Worries Mascenzi.

Also, just a heads up, we have a program called BootLogo that can help you design your logo. In addition, the program allows you to upload your logo along with your custom characters directly to the display from your PC.

The program should make it a easier to design your custom characters. The direct deployment capabilities will let you observe the logo on the screen just to confirm how it looks on your actual display.

You can find the program here: https://www.matrixorbital.com/software/alpha-software

Cheers,
Daniel
Daniel Divino
Technical Support
Matrix Orbital