Post by bubbletea »

Hi!

Here's my device and setup:
  • GLK240128-25 PCB 1.1
    Firmware: 0x54
    RS232 Mode
    Mogd# 1.1.8
    Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
I've recently wiped the module file system on my display and am having problems re-uploading font to the device. Each time I try to upload any font, I get the error message "There was a problem uploading the font to the device.". I've installed the "SmallFilled" and "Futura" fonts provided by the MO download site, and copied them to "%AppData%\Roaming\MogdShapFonts". The Mogd# program is installed to my "C:\Temp" directory so no permission issues there. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

bubbletea
LCD?

Re: Mogd# Upload Font Problems

Post by bubbletea »

So I found a working solution. I was able to dig up an old (very) version of MogdSharp (version 1.0.7) that I had. I used the following settings with the older version of Mogd# and the upload was successful even though the model and PCB version is different that what I actually have.
  • Display Type GLK24064-25
  • PCB Revision: 2.0
I tried the same configuration above with MogdSharp 1.1.8 for my GLK240128-25 PCB 1.1 LCD and the upload still fails. It also fails in 1.1.8 when I select the correct model and pcb rev as well. I guess the older displays are not too well supported.

Daniel Divino
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Daniel Divino »

Hi Bubbletea,

Welcome to the Forums!

I understand you were experiencing a few issues uploading fonts to your PCB Rev 1.1 GLK240128 this weekend. It sounds like you were able to find a workaround and you were able to upload the fonts you needed onto your display, but I wanted to know a couple things about your setup.

When running Mogd# 1.1.8, were you able to autodetect your connected display? Also, prior to uploading your font, were you able to send text strings, and clear the display screen?

Cheers,
Daniel Divino
Daniel Divino
Technical Support
Matrix Orbital

bubbletea
LCD?

Post by bubbletea »

Hi!

Thanks for the response! Yes, using 1.1.8, the software detected the display model and version correctly. Other basic controls functionality like drawing, text, backlight, and contrast, all worked! It was just the uploading of fonts that consistently failed.

Thanks!

Daniel Divino
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Daniel Divino »

Hi bubbletea,

Could you provide a few more details about the failure? Do you know specifically when the upload fails, or what error pops up?

Also, are you able to read data from the display? In MOGD# you'll find read revision and read customer data command controls in Configuration>Configure Display Defaults.

Cheers,
Daniel
Daniel Divino
Technical Support
Matrix Orbital

Dilipkumar
LCD?

Post by Dilipkumar »

Hi ,
I am also spacing same problem in my device could please share Mogd# 1.1.7 older version link