Connecting to internal Mobo header/usb

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

daitern
LCD?

Connecting to internal Mobo header/usb

Post by daitern »

Hi there,

I bought the B2021-BK , the 5.25 inch drive bay panel with usb connectivity, I would like to know which type of cable do I need to connect to the internal header of the mother board a 9 pin header or 5 pin ? And if so will I have problems with the drivers whatsoever since the included data cable is a standard usb to usb mini. Also if I don't find a one cable do conversions will work , I mean internal header cable to standard usb with adapter to mini. Sorry for writing too long But I need to make a clean cable manegment in my pc so external cables are a no no. Thanks again.

Edit: The display is an LK202

Daniel Divino
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Re: Connecting to internal Mobo header/usb

Post by Daniel Divino »

Hi there daitern,

Welcome to the forums.

I understand you would like to use an internal motherboard cable to connect your PC Bay insert display to maintain clean cable management. We offer an internal 4 pin to mini-B USB cable that you can plug directly to your motherboard, and feed to your display. The cable can be found here: https://www.matrixorbital.com/product_i ... ts_id=1124

Cheers
Daniel
Daniel Divino
Technical Support
Matrix Orbital

daitern
LCD?

Post by daitern »

Thanks that was really fast , btw does it supply power also aside from data or do I still need to feed power with the FDD cable as well? Thanks again.

Daniel Divino
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Daniel Divino »

Hi daitern,

The cable can supply power from the motherboard directly to the display. The four pin header on the cable will connect directly to Ground, Data +, Data-, and 5V. There should be no need for additional cables.

Daniel Divino
Daniel Divino
Technical Support
Matrix Orbital