Drivers not signed on Windows 7 64-bit?

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

Punslinger
LCD?

Drivers not signed on Windows 7 64-bit?

Post by Punslinger »

Hi. I recently purchased an MX312 for my new computer, but Windows 7 is giving me problems with the drivers. When I try to install them, Windows gives me a Code 52 error and complains that it can't verify the driver signatures. Checking the driver details from Device Manager shows that the files are unsigned, but checking the Properties for each file in Explorer shows that all of the files are signed!

I downloaded the latest drivers directly from matrixorbital.ca, unzipped the folder, and installed the drivers by going into Device Manager, right-clicking on the MX2/MX3/MX6 entry, and selecting Update Driver Software and pointing it at the unzipped drivers folder. Is there a step I'm missing in the installation? Some configuration change I have to make? Why is Windows refusing to accept the file signatures?

I'd really appreciate any help you can give me. I don't want to be reduced to pressing F8 every single time I boot the system just to make the display work.

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Re: Drivers not signed on Windows 7 64-bit?

Post by Clark »

Hello Punslinger,

You are correct, our latest USB Drivers are certainly signed. That said, the problem may lie in how they are signed.

Microsoft has recently completed an upgrade from an SHA-1 secure hashing algorithm to SHA-2 (as of January 1, 2016). Our drivers are currently signed using the latest SHA-2 algorithm, so older machines may not recognize the hashing algorithm. You can find more information in this Microsoft SHA article.

To resolve this issue, I would recommend ensuring that your Windows 7 install is up to date. Specifically, please ensure the Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3033929) is installed. You can find more information in this Microsoft KB3033929 article, and a download link at the Microsoft KB3033929 Update site.

Cheers,
Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

Punslinger
LCD?

Post by Punslinger »

Updating Windows worked, and I was able to install the drivers. Thank you!

Trytin
LCD?

Post by Trytin »

Punslinger wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:08 pm
Updating Windows worked, and I was able to install the drivers. Thank you!
Upgrading to WIndows 10?
Last edited by Trytin on Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
You can make more gains with Testoprime very quickly.

Daniel Divino
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Daniel Divino »

Hi Trytin,

I run a Windows 10 PC at the office, and the USB drivers work fine for me. The Windows 10 OS will be SHA-2 compatible from factory. If you are installing the drivers on your Windows 10 PC, you should have nothing to worry about.

Cheers,
Dan
Daniel Divino
Technical Support
Matrix Orbital